Doctor Who... Page 948

(Double post)

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ April 7 2013, 2:52 PM BST

I apologise for paraphrasing Pleased But it's you who has misunderstood my point. If someone hires a designer for a TV show, they want them to produce a design people will like. You said yourself that most people would probably prefer the newer version.

I'm not claiming to have an eye for design, but surely the whole point of "good" design is that it will appeal to people? Obviously this isn't how you define it, so how would you?

It is the BBC Raymond, in the old days it was one company working together to make one thing.Good design in terms of monsters in WHO is not to appeal to people... it is the opposite - in a visceral, intellectual and artistic level. Reaction is everything in drama and the more complex that reaction is - the better the drama is. It's simple really.

So I'm finally giving WHO a go. I'm watching the first episode of the new series. It's okay, not that bad but I'm not sure if it's enough to keep me hooked. Maybe if I had kids it's good to watch with the family. But as a man in his 20s, I need more boobs, bombs and bow-ties... sorry, I mean booties.

I think I missed bits??? What was the whole hacking wifi thing about and why was Richard E Grant the Lawnmower man? :S

This thread needs more Leevil

Quote: Lee @ April 7 2013, 10:26 PM BST

I think I missed bits??? What was the whole hacking wifi thing about and why was Richard E Grant the Lawnmower man? :S

He was the main bad guy in the previous epsiode, the Christmas Special; so him appearing briefly at the end was a surprise.

I can't really get into this series so far. Seems a bit to simple. Which they could find a medium- a few years ago I found it a bit complicated.

Quote: reds @ April 8 2013, 12:17 PM BST

I can't really get into this series so far. Seems a bit to simple. Which they could find a medium- a few years ago I found it a bit complicated.

I know what you mean, I think with this new series you have to switch off your brain and enjoy the spectacle. But it is all a little underwhelming considering its the fiftieth anniversary. Although as I said I quite enjoyed Saturdays show, although I can't give you any coherent reasons why, it just passed forty five minutes pleasantly.

Quote: Pingl @ April 8 2013, 12:30 PM BST

I know what you mean, I think with this new series you have to switch off your brain and enjoy the spectacle. But it is all a little underwhelming considering its the fiftieth anniversary. Although as I said I quite enjoyed Saturdays show, although I can't give you any coherent reasons why, it just passed forty five minutes pleasantly.

I like it enough that I will keep watching. Just want something that makes me think a little but doesn't make my brain hurt.

The fire God was pretty.

I didn't think the latest episode was terrible by any stretch.

In fact, I may have to rethink my opinion about Luther. Maybe it was only shit due to the lousy acting and direction, rather than shoddy writing.

It certainly had some moments and the whole look of the episode was good and the use of songs inovative.

But just know oomph, no story

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/doctor-who--too-sexy--says-original-director---daily-tv-round-up-105436393.html

Quote: Marc P @ April 9 2013, 9:49 AM BST

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/doctor-who--too-sexy--says-original-director---daily-tv-round-up-105436393.html

Link is broken.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-08/new-doctor-who-has-lost-his-mystery-says-original-director-waris-hussein

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 8 2013, 8:53 AM BST

He was the main bad guy in the previous epsiode, the Christmas Special; so him appearing briefly at the end was a surprise.

Ahhhhh! :)

Yes... jaws literally fell open it was that good of a one!