Doctor Who... Page 950

I don't think they have David Tennant's hair. :(

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 11 2013, 2:16 PM BST

I wasn't going to post about this again, chiefly because Marc covered my point, but also because it's boring to keep restating things but Tuumble's posted a link to something interesting.

I'm aware that you don't claim to have an eye for design but this photofit test requires no artistic skill whatsoever points up accurately an individual's level of visual perception.

*puts on frock coat*

I challenge you to make a photofit of one of one of the Doctors and we'll compare results. I predict yours will show a Mr. Magoo-level of visual awareness.

Stott can have a go too if he's man enough. Who knows it might open him up to a new level of respect here, if he's good.

I might play. Do we have to do it from memory, or can we look a photo? Memory I'd imagine...

Quote: zooo @ April 11 2013, 7:45 PM BST

They don't really have Tom Baker's hair either. Or his mad staring eyes.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ April 11 2013, 7:38 PM BST

Bill I think I saw Sheldon make that argument in that episode of The Big Bang Theory when he was trying to learn to drive ;)

It's not an argument, its a simple fact of life; probably whether the left brain or right brain is the predominant half.

Visual people (such as designers) usually make lousy engineers or computer programmers or scientists.

So if I understand correctly what you are saying is that you are the Anti Godot?

I always thought that would turn out to be Stott.

Ice Warriors at the weekend! Probably going to be a load of pony, but what else do you expect?

I never thought I'd say it, but I acually prefer RTD's Who to Moffatt's. It may have been childish schmaltz, but at least you could follow what was going on.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 11 2013, 7:51 PM BST

I might play. Do we have to do it from memory, or can we look a photo? Memory I'd imagine...

No, use a photo. Memory if you want.

Are we all doing the same Doctor?

Quote: billwill @ April 11 2013, 5:41 PM BST

You seem to believe that a good level of visual perception is inherently better. That ain't necessarily so, it might be wasting brain power that can be better used for other purposes.

A good level of visual perception is inherently better than a bad level of visual perception. That's why the Raft of the Medusa is hanging in the Louvre and not one of your drawings Bill.

Quote: billwill @ April 11 2013, 10:21 PM BST

It's not an argument, its a simple fact of life; probably whether the left brain or right brain is the predominant half.

Visual people (such as designers) usually make lousy engineers or computer programmers or scientists.

Engineers and programmers but probably not scientists or philosophers. Miroslav Holub - one of the best poets of the last fifty years worked as an immunologist and produced original research and Georg Büchner who wrote the best known expressionist play Woyzeck also famously wrote a treatise on cranial nerves.

"Dr who" should be renamed "Dr what the f**k"! what has happened to this program? it used to be fantastic, But now its just utter SHITE!

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 12 2013, 12:06 AM BST

Are we all doing the same Doctor?

The important thing is we put them up at the same time. Once you see someone else's it's easier to improve your own (if it's good).

We can all do the same doctor though if you want. It would make assessing them easier.

Just to clarify, this will show the different levels of people's visual awareness. Without the test I suspect most people will argue that they see as well as anybody else. The test will show otherwise. What they do with the information afterwards is up to them... :)

Quote: Nigel Ball @ April 12 2013, 12:18 AM BST

"Dr who" should be renamed "Dr what the f**k"!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 12 2013, 12:23 AM BST

The important thing is we put them up at the same time. Once you see someone else's it's easier to improve your own (if it's good).

Shit. *deletes original post*

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 12 2013, 12:23 AM BST

We can all do the same doctor though if you want. It would make assessing them easier.

Just to clarify, this will show the different levels of people's visual awareness. Without the test I suspect most people will argue that they see as well as anybody else. The test will show otherwise. What they do with the information afterwards is up to them... :)

I've done Paul McGann, the 8th Doctor.

Yeah, done Mcgann. Why don't we do them all. It's pretty good fun.

Godot has a new toy.

Cue Sooty

Quote: zooo @ April 11 2013, 7:45 PM BST

Tennant's probably the hardest - he's the only one to have had a nosejob and he shows his teeth a lot. They do have his hair though!