Doctor Who Page 25

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2008, 11:05 PM BST

I suppose it's like a lot of boys who appreciate a bit of lesbian action, I'm a girl who likes the opposite. :)

And luckily, Dr Who and Torchwood are undeniably a bit gay.

What?!? You're a girl? I assumed you were a chap and in the gays.

That is literally the most astonishing thing I have ever read. I am actually staggered. Staggered.

It's always the way, just when you think you know someone, they turn out to be an entirely different gender.

As much as I hate taking threads off-topic I think this deserves a reply:

Quote: Badge @ April 6 2008, 11:22 PM BST

Unfortunately, it seems like the "powers that be" here either tolerate his transgressions, or, more likely I suspect, like to retain his presence as a figure of fun on whom they can look down.

It's neither of these. As it happens, Jake is well aware of the fact I've pretty much had enough of him too. Let's just say he is on very thin ice but we do try and give people a chance to improve - and to be fair to him he has been trying.

And just to clear one thing up, no email addresses have been taken from this website - he would have been banned should that have been the case. The incident you were referring to involved him transferring existing registrations from one of his websites to another.

Rest assured my primary aim is to try and keep this a fun place to visit, so all comments are definitely taken on board. If anyone else has anything else they'd like to say on this subject feel free to PM me.

Anyway, back to Dr Who:

I don't watch the show, but would be interested to hear more about what people think of Catherine Tate in this new role of hers...

Quote: Graham Bandage @ April 7 2008, 10:55 AM BST

That is literally the most astonishing thing I have ever read. I am actually staggered. Staggered.

It's always the way, just when you think you know someone, they turn out to be an entirely different gender.

You're not the only one to have been fooled by the avatar Graham - these people with their cross gender avatars are causing me all kinds of mixed feelings!

It's always the way

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

It is, so many people assume zooo's a gay man! lol
It must be the avatar?

Quote: ian_w @ April 7 2008, 11:19 AM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

It is, so many people assume zooo's a gay man! lol
It must be the avatar?

It's true. I just clicked on her avatar to check. Of course, it could be a double-bluff. She might be a gay chap who's pretending to be a non-gay lady pretending to be a gay chap. You'd never know unless you met him/her/him. And even then there's room for confusion (eg Thailand).

I think we should go back to the 1970s, when homosexualists were like Larry Grayson and John Inman, and you could tell a chap was a normal bloke who liked a bit of lady loving by his studs, leather jacket and big moustache. It was a lot more straightforward then.

Back to the original subject, I thought Saturday's episode was extremely formulaic and predictable. We've seen it all a thousand times before. And the debate about whether Catherine Tate is a good companion is risible - ALL the companions are interchangeable, with little or no difference in personality...

I think they'd have been better off handing the reigns of the show over to S. Moffat, who'd have taken it in a darker direction.

The original subject. Of course. Hmm. Enjoyed it this week, but then I do post on the Sitcom Forums. I think the knockabout humour of Tennant and Tate would have worked much better set against a proper menace. You know I like mash with my sausages (no offence, Chipolata) and I like roast potatoes with my sausages. But I would never, when faced with a plate of mash, say "You know, this plate of mash needs a garnish of roasties."

In this metaphor, mash means comedy and roast potatoes also means comedy, while the sausages are equivalent to "a proper menace."

I think you understand what I'm saying.

PS: Rose! Eek!!

PS: I also wouldn't have chips on toast. Although I would have a chip butty.

I find the jokiness quite grating now, and these days much prefer the hard headed SF of Battlestar Galactica and Heroes. Plus at least with the old companions I wanted to have sex with them (especially the black one) with Tate I feel nothing.

I assumed you were a chap and in the gays.

sorry off-topic again but is that an actual real-life regiment then?

Isn't that any regiment? I assume anybody who joins the military has "swishy" tendancies. Why else join?

I thought ''Prince Ted's own Royal shirtlifters'' were the only official one?

Laughing out loud
Well, I'm glad we're all straight now.

(pun intended.)

Quote: johnny roulette @ April 5 2008, 10:10 PM BST

catherine tate aside, i thought the episode was weak. mr tennant is becoming painful to watch as well.

And your posts are painful to read! Correct capitalisation, as specified in the site rules, would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 6 2008, 4:08 AM BST

if I started analising it

*snigger*

Quote: Paul W @ April 6 2008, 6:37 PM BST

Looking forward too it :P

to*

Ooo, 7,000 posts for zooo! \o/

Quote: Paul W @ April 6 2008, 6:44 PM BST

don't have the patients

patience*

And luckily, Dr Who and Torchwood are undeniably a bit gay.

The RTD effect.

boys who appreciate a bit of lesbian action

I really don't get that. *shrug*

Quote: chipolata @ April 7 2008, 12:35 PM BST

Plus at least with the old companions I wanted to have sex with them (especially the black one)

Sick on so many levels.

She's called MARTHA!

Quote: Aaron @ April 7 2008, 6:16 PM BST

Ooo, 7,000 posts for zooo! \o/

Oooh!! :O :D

I am so glad I've got you to point out these things. I never notice them!!!

Ouch that's some bad smelling mistakes...

(mistake intended Aaron before you get a raging semi)

Quote: Aaron @ April 7 2008, 6:16 PM BST

I really don't get that. *shrug*

Four boobs? Etc? No?