Doctor Who Page 27

Quote: Aaron @ April 7 2008, 9:44 PM BST

They had that last series too.

Doh!

Freema is delightful, in the eyes of many. Obviously not you though!

Nope - and I will take every available opportunity to criticise and insult her. Pleased

I can't wait till the next episode of Doctor Who.

Ah. I've not seen the first yet. Thanks for reminding me.

You can watch it on bbc iplayer.

Oo look, 16677 posts for me. Yay!

... Now 16678.

I have been slow posting this week.

The first episode was good, but it was just the usual fast, jokey opening story; easing you into the new series. Apart from the end, when a certain woman turns round to face camera, the music strikes up ominously and your heart jumps into your mouth. Did for me anyway.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 11 2008, 7:32 PM BST

The first episode was good, but it was just the usual fast, jokey opening story; easing you into the new series. Apart from the end, when a certain woman turns round to face camera, the music strikes up ominously and your heart jumps into your mouth. Did for me anyway.

Me too. Most unexpected. And exciting.

Here is a link for a preview of Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqLyv16c2IA

I really liked this weeks episode. I prefer the more serious ones to the silly ones (i.e. last weeks).

The escape pod bit was poor though.

I think if he had left the family to die at the end it would have been a much braver finish, but I suppose the happy ending was ok.

What a good episode, and how great was Tate? Hopefully that might silence a few of her haters; she was superb in that. The ending, with the family cowering in their house, was actually quite moving.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 12 2008, 8:40 PM BST

might silence a few of her haters;

I shall never be silent...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 12 2008, 8:40 PM BST

What a good episode, and how great was Tate? Hopefully that might silence a few of her haters; she was superb in that. The ending, with the family cowering in their house, was actually quite moving.

Yeah, I liked that part to in a twisted way. I liked the end bit in the Tardis to. It also could have used more Phil Davis, his stone arm was cool.

It wasn't a perfect episode, but I enjoyed it. I like that Vesuvius erupting was the Doctor's fault, and I liked him being all steadfast about not helping them - although that was a bit ruined by him going back for Peter Capaldi.