What are you eating? Page 547

Bell pepper seeds are no big deal because they're easy to clean. JalapeƱos are a different story because I'm impatient and use my thumb to remove the seeds and then for the next two days I'm reminded of my stupidity every time I touch my eyes or my ...uh...

Randy, try rolling the peppers before you cut them open. This loosens the seeds and they just pour out.

Quote: Corey O'Graffor @ December 8 2011, 3:09 PM GMT

Your problems are over...

http://www.chilefoundry.co.uk/2011/12/07/ms-selling-seedless-pepper/

No more seeds stuck under your dentures! ;)

Whoo! Begone you bastarding pips of evil :)

Today's the 11th day of my meat-free trial. The only time I miss eating meat is when I'm eating out, when the paucity of options makes me want to weep.

Quote: Leevil @ December 8 2011, 3:16 PM GMT

Randy, try rolling the peppers before you cut them open. This loosens the seeds and they just pour out.

Then my whole hand will be covered in fiery death! I have one of those garlic roller things so maybe I can multitask with it.

Quote: Rob H @ December 8 2011, 3:21 PM GMT

The only time I miss eating meat is when I'm eating out...

You can't escape fish! Sick

Quote: Rob H @ December 8 2011, 3:21 PM GMT

Today's the 11th day of my meat-free trial.

I ate nothing but steak, brisket and ribs for 3 days while I was at the hunting camp so I took a few days off. Last night I grilled up a rib eye. Whistling nnocently

I'm not giving up fish. There needs to be some part of dead animal in my diet.

Quote: DaButt @ December 8 2011, 3:21 PM GMT

Then my whole hand will be covered in fiery death! I have one of those garlic roller things so maybe I can multitask with it.

Before you slice I said. Is the actual skin hot as well? I'm more used to just the seeds the bit you avoid. Roll it like you would between your thumb and index finger. It's not a perfect technique but it's meant to be less fiddly.

Quote: Leevil @ December 8 2011, 3:24 PM GMT

Is the actual skin hot as well?

Yes indeed.

Quote: DaButt @ December 8 2011, 3:23 PM GMT

I ate nothing but steak, brisket and ribs for 3 days while I was at the hunting camp so I took a few days off. Last night I grilled up a rib eye. Whistling nnocently

You tree-hugging hippy. :)

If it was a choice between 'only-meat' or 'no-meat' I would opt for 'no-meat'. I love chips and salad, (the latter more than a heterosexual male probably should do).

Quote: Rob H @ December 8 2011, 3:23 PM GMT

I'm not giving up fish. There needs to be some part of dead animal in my diet.

Sorry, it was a bad cunnilingus joke.

Quote: DaButt @ December 8 2011, 3:25 PM GMT

Yes indeed.

Rubber gloves? Or is that too weird?

Ahhhhhh!!!!! *penny drops*

Sorry; I'm somewhat ashamed at myself for missing that.

Quote: Rob H @ December 8 2011, 3:25 PM GMT

If it was a choice between 'only-meat' or 'no-meat' I would opt for 'no-meat'.

Same here. But "occasional meat" stands head and shoulders above any other option.

Quote: Leevil @ December 8 2011, 3:26 PM GMT

Rubber gloves? Or is that too weird?

It's standard procedure but my gloves have always recently used to clean up nasty things that came out of my cat so I go at it barehanded. People who don't wear glasses often wear goggles, too.

A beetroot. On its own.