BCG Fantasy Premier League 2022/23 Page 8

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th August 2022, 8:13 AM

In etymological terms, I would say c**t was once the worst word in the English language. A true shocker that you never heard on TV.
But in more recent times, due to over-use, it has lost its sting. Micky Flanagan maintains that is an indicator that a relationship is on steady ground once the casual c**ting starts.
Whereas Wanker still has power.
If you are called a c**t, it can have the effect of actually making you laugh - it's similar in meaning to bastard.
But wanker implies you are underhand, sneaky and untrustworthy. By far the worst insult.

I agree.

You listening Bunter?

And my 'c**t of the year' wasn't you anyway - it was Aaron for unplugging the forum for 2 and half months.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2022, 10:53 PM

It's just a free public league for anyone to join, they openly show the joining code on a listings page Google?Bing takes you to when you search for FPL. You get no cheats, no tips, no emails, no texts, no letters, you don't sign up to anything or even give your name or email address, you just pump in that visible to everyone code on the FPL and you're in another league, that's all

That's not actually true. As I said before there are two Fantasy Scout leagues - a member and non-member one. If you navigate to the site without a member cookie you will see only the non-member one. If you are a member and haven't deleted the cookie you will see the member code. You and Anton are both members of the Fantasy Scout site.

However

I've looked into this and you can become a member without paying money, just by giving your email address. It's not true that you don't get 'tips', they condition some of the access to their articles on membership. It's an obvious enough model, they get you to join the site to read articles and then you're nearer to splashing out for their full offering. I accept your word that you are not a paid member and so don't have access to;

"Opta stats, New Comparison Tools,
Fixture Ticker, Transfer Planner, Hall of Fame, Team Reveals,
Rate My Team Tool, 200+ Member articles and much more!"

As you say, the value of some of these tools is debatable, but nevertheless I think they constitute an intent to gain unfair advantage and so full membership should be prohibited.

There is irrefutable evidence that both you and Anton are members of the Fantasy Scout site. There is NO evidence that either of you are paid members. Therefore I'm not going to ban you and am going to apply the same discretion to Anton. What I think may be different, but it is immaterial.

As I've stated multiple times I really don't want to ban people and losing you and Anton would have been a severe loss, but there is a point at which the league becomes a pisstake and a waste of time. Thankfully we're not there yet.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 10th August 2022, 2:06 PM

That's not actually true.

Yes it was true in my case. Where did I say I'd got it from the fantasy scout site? You've just assumed it, wrongly. I didn't go anywhere near it. I searched for FPL log in problems, a load of site suggestions came up, many of them with a few lines from their site I guess to entice you in, and not one of them was the Fantasy Football Scout site. One was 101 Goals, (which showed their league code to join and I did on my mobile for a few days before I thought that looked a bit naff to be in and deleted it).

On another of the whole listings page of football fan type websites I also saw the code for FS Members League and thought that IS a good one to show off so I kept it (until now). I never entered the FS site once, I never gave my email address, because I didn't join it via their site. I wasn't an FS member I was just in the league. It was just a visible to all code to join printed on the listing page Google or Bing presented. I can't see it on similar pages after a search now so I'd suggest it's been deleted after being leaked by the editor of some obscure football fanzine site. Could we possibly have less of this Witchfinder Godot bollocks and more FF FFS - NOT fantasy football scout. Good evening. ?

Who gets the captain's armband this weekend? Two big games for the most likely heavy points scorers Man City - Bournemouth, Liverpool - Palace. 7-0 again? or being a home game this time maybe 14-0. Salah could get 50 odd points with the armband if there's another thrashing.

Or Haaland? who got two more than Salah last week and made City about £100m profit in one game, on his own value. Could cause some head scratching for managers this GW. I'm going for Phil Jones.

I've gone for Bamford. Watched him last week and after a long lay off, he seemed sharp again. A punt I know but I'm well behind after only one week.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th August 2022, 10:30 AM

A punt I know but I'm well behind after only one week.

So am I, but I'm not having a punt, as I have a cunning plan.

You owe me a PM, by the way Lancashire Lad

Just in case anyone is looking at which leagues I'm in next week, I'll explain now
I was trying to think of a social experiment to wind up Alf Krapper, but I couldn't think of one
So in my frustration I typed in For F***s sake using the abbreviation FFS
Suddenly much to my dismay I realised I'd Googled / Binged a cheat site accidentally and before I could delete it my cat walked over the keyboard pressing submit
And as I rushed to stop him I tripped fell on the keyboard and accidentally entered my Bank details.

Oh well these things happen.

Once again, after only one week I find myself 50 or so points behind the leading pack, and to be honest, I'm sick and tired of it, because I never seem to recover that gap, no matter what I do.

OK, I don't study form and am in it mostly for a laugh, but that is wearing thin, especially when I read here about the shenanigans and lengths that some people will go to, to win.

So, chuck it all in, reflecting that I am no f**king good at it, or have one last push.

And so, here we are again, using the wild card to completely change my team in Week Two FFS, and if this doesn't work, then I'll walk away.

By the way, I have selected Salah, amongst others, and that indicates the kiss of death if you have him in your team, as usually when I do pick him, he plays like shit.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th August 2022, 10:30 AM

I've gone for Bamford. Watched him last week and after a long lay off, he seemed sharp again. A punt I know but I'm well behind after only one week.

Well it's looking like the forwards are back in contention with him fit again, Haaland, Darwin and Mitrovic in. The last season or two the leading points scorers have been midfielders (even though Salah & Son play up front!) If the forwards are getting goals again as in the days of Aguero and Sanchez then we could be seeing some huge points tallies this season.

The only downside to that is we can only pick 3 of them, making the choice of who to leave out harder than it has been. I see there are a few teams here with just two or even one serious striker in. We'll see if that's wise or not but I'd pick 5 if I could the way they've started.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th August 2022, 11:14 PM

Just in case anyone is looking at which leagues I'm in next week, I'll explain now
I was trying to think of a social experiment to wind up Alf Krapper, but I couldn't think of one
Suddenly much to my dismay I realised I'd Googled / Binged a cheat site accidentally and before I could delete it my cat walked over the keyboard pressing submit
And as I rushed to stop him I tripped fell on the keyboard and accidentally entered my Bank details.

?

So it's your cat that has 3 league titles and not you, Steve. Okay.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th August 2022, 11:14 PM

:D I laughed at that Steve, very funny.

Cheers Steve
I thought I'd see how everyone was doing before deciding n a proper front line
But it's Definitely time to stop being Agnostic and start believing in Jesus
Too early to wildcard so I may take a hit or two this week

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th August 2022, 9:57 PM

That's right. Start off with an own goal. ?

And again this week...

Right I've done my transfers
I now have two strikers rather than one, and I've got shot of Sterling ( What was I thinking)

Made sure I kept all my three Liverpool players as I see they are playing Man U next

My 'fit' Bamford lasted 28 minutes.
ENDS

You're having the sort of start I used to suffer from, not that it's a bed of roses for me now...............AGAIN!! ?