BCG Fantasy Premier League 2022/23 Page 13

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th August 2022, 5:48 PM

Yes it's often better to use some of the chips on a double game week

Good point, Steve, I'd forgotten about that.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 31st August 2022, 7:52 PM

I just think it shouldn't be something we always bring up - him attempting to gain an advantage, I mean. He's explained himself and that should be the end of it.

No, banter's banter and without it the thread and possibly the game would be dead, carry on Steve. And it gives me an excuse for giving it back when he suddenly turns up and passes everyone in the last month. As he often does.

Quote: Ben @ 31st August 2022, 8:04 PM

Does anyone not have Haaland in their team by this point? And when do we start TCing him over Salah?

Straight away. The bloke's going to break all kinds of records. £56m? Best bargain buy ever.

I like the way we all made sure that everyone realised there were midweek matches this week.

Already it's getting nasty and selfish. ? God knows what it'll be like in the second half, after Christmas.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th August 2022, 8:49 PM

Even if he won't give me the password to join Dons league

I still expect him to turn up here, especially if it looks like he can win. Still surprised he'd turn down the chance of a record breaking 4th clique league title.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st September 2022, 9:50 AM

I still expect him to turn up here, especially if it looks like he can win. Still surprised he'd turn down the chance of a record breaking 4th clique league title.

Knowing what a cad he is, he'll make sure he has more points that anyone on the official clique league and then expose himself (ooer) and claim the honours.

Otherwise, I don't think he'll show his face.

Godot The Merciless might have something to say about that

In Godot we trust.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st September 2022, 9:36 AM

No, banter's banter and without it the thread and possibly the game would be dead, carry on Steve. And it gives me an excuse for giving it back when he suddenly turns up and passes everyone in the last month. As he often does.

F**ksake Kipper, has your brain still got the child lock on? What do you think I meant when I said to Steve that the very last thing I wanted to see was a season-long running gag about you using Fantasy Scout. I meant that's exactly what I wanted to see.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st September 2022, 9:50 AM

Don can't win the clique title. He deleted himself so he could start the season with a couple of teams and go with the one with the highest score. He did something similar before. Unfortunately for him I'm league admin and I'm not standing for that sort of bollocks.

He's been served a season ban so he can't win the 23/24 title either. Best of luck to him in 24/25 though.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st September 2022, 11:22 AM

Godot The Merciless might have something to say about that

See above.

On the subject of mercy, I'm hardly a tyrant. I even tried to run the league on democratic principles last season, for all the good it did me. This time I'l think I'll just hand down the decisions from on high, unless anyone has any strong objections?

Have we heard from Anton yet this season? There are no strict posting regs currently, but you certainly can't win the league if you don't post here and (try) to entertain us. So maybe pop in, if you can.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 1st September 2022, 2:38 PM

Have we heard from Anton yet this season? There are no strict posting regs currently, but you certainly can't win the league if you don't post here and (try) to entertain us. So maybe pop in, if you can.

FILL IN YOUR OWN ON THE ACRONYM

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th August 2022, 9:08 AM

Probably regret it, but Son or De Bruyne...............De Bruyne or Son

Son has to go.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th August 2022, 5:15 PM

Son is going to literally f**k everyone on your family tree.

Disenchanted with Son, already? ?

We are entering the Champions League period when star players may be rested. Will Haaland or Salah miss out today? Make sure your bench is up to the job if called upon. Worse still, they'll be brought on for a run out with 5 minutes to go.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd September 2022, 10:54 AM

We are entering the Champions League period when star players may be rested. Will Haaland or Salah miss out today? Make sure your bench is up to the job if called upon. Worse still, they'll be brought on for a run out with 5 minutes to go.

Indeed. Was gonna punt the armband this weekend, but my phone app had randomly logged me out and by the time I got to a computer I got the game updating message. No idea who I've captained, probably Salah or Haaland. :(

Which is okay because they're both playing. Liverpool's most inform player Firmino is rested.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 3rd September 2022, 11:24 AM

No idea who I've captained, probably Salah or Haaland. :(

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd September 2022, 12:03 PM

Which is okay because they're both playing.

You have access to Guardiola's intentions five hours before kick-off? No wonder you've started well this season.