BCG Fantasy Premier League 2022/23 Page 7

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2022, 9:02 AM

It's just the annual BCG clique witch trials Mark, nothing to worry about.

Hmm, now what package shall I buy for GW2? Hmm...that's a good one. And only £79.99. Should keep me my lead nicely. ?

Your facetious attitude is only making things worse Kipper. You're looking at a season ban at the moment, unless you can offer some mitigation.

Quote: don rushmore @ 8th August 2022, 4:51 PM

^ Against site rules. Reported.

And now we see the calibre of this..........(well, what is he?), and this is the level he has sunk to by reporting me, and presumably trying to get me banned, when au contraire, it is he that should stop posting on this thread, as he clearly has some other agenda, by not wanting to join in with the BCG FPL.

Quote: don rushmore @ 8th August 2022, 1:16 PM

Didn't fancy it this year. .

Then what are you doing posting on this thread. Why don't you start a "Rob H Official FPL" thread, and see how far you get with it, being the only poster - then you can insult yourself and no one will care.

Speaking of which, I still don't know who Rob H is and why his league is the official one?

Mark, I'm sorry you have had to get involved, but this thread is fine with it's usual not too serious banter, but then you get this character Don, who sets himself up to come onto this thread purely to wind people up.

If you want this to go back to "normal", loosely speaking, ? then you need to stop Don Rushmore from posting on this thread, and everyone (well, mostly) will be happy.

Thank you! ?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th August 2022, 10:26 AM

Laughing out loud

How sad

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th August 2022, 8:14 PM

The real Premier league has teams that try to buy the title, so I suppose it's true to life, so there's no need to put any Asterisks next to any future victories

Hall of Fame

12/13 Gerry McDonnell
13/14 Steve Sunshine
14/15 Don Rushmore
15/16 Steve Sunshine
16/17 Gerry McDonnell
17/18 Anton Russell
18/19 Don Rushmore
19/20 Gerry McDonnell
20/21 Steve Sunshine
21/22 Don Rushmore
22/23 Alfred J Kipper *

* Disappointing

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th August 2022, 11:19 AM

Your facetious attitude is only making things worse Kipper. You're looking at a season ban at the moment, unless you can offer some mitigation.

I can offer 100% mitigation. Number 1 it's bloody funny watching you all contorting yourselves in moral outrage at something that hasn't even happened.

2, a simple wind up has turned into a revealing sociological experiment, where the need for kneejerk expressions of anger and outrage has far superseded any reasonable justification of it or potential causes of it. (The angry mob scenario)

3 the claims that have been made are Ridiculous, with no basis in logic or reality, and are wildly inconsistent with past practices and written words of the claimants, and the less than morally watertight character they suggest of said claimants. (Pot and kettle)

4 it's been bloody funny as already said.

When I have a bit more time later, I'll find the code for the so called scout members league. I'd like you to join it, then after a day or two tell me how much it cost you and how many tips you've had. If the answer isn't zero to both, then you'll either be lying or you've joined a different league.

And what do you think they possibly have there, the psychic meerkat that predicted England's women's Euros win? Even if you did pay to become a full member, they offer no more tips and stats than they do for free on the FPL site, which are blaring out in front of you whenever you log in. And if I WAS taking their advice, why is my team selection so different to Anton's, a fellow 'member'? who I wholly expect has joined for free just to add to his impressive list of leagues he's a member of. I did it to see if it would wind Bumshine up and for a laugh (this is a "comedy" website). I can happily say, it most emphatically has and has been. Good evening.

Bumshine?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2022, 7:54 PM

I can offer 100% mitigation. Number 1 it's bloody funny watching you all contorting yourselves in moral outrage at something that hasn't even happened.

2, a simple wind up has turned into a revealing sociological experiment, where the need for kneejerk expressions of anger and outrage has far superseded any reasonable justification of it or potential causes of it. (The angry mob scenario)

3 the claims that have been made are Ridiculous, with no basis in logic or reality, and are wildly inconsistent with past practices and written words of the claimants, and the less than morally watertight character they suggest of said claimants. (Pot and kettle)

4 it's been bloody funny as already said.

I'm glad you find it funny. I'm not 'contorting in moral outrage' as you luridly put it, I'm just disappointed, that it's you and Anton, people I like, and good league competitors. And I think I've every right to be. Although the Clique is 'fun' it is a contest and if you doubt the seriousness in which it is taken, look at Don posting his 'Hall of Fame' list every five minutes.

Whilst no-one is going to cry if they don't win or if they finish last, there literally is no point in playing in it if it's not played fairly, like any game. The quality of the advice and tools on offer on the Fantasy Scout site to members is immaterial. The point is they exist to give an advantage and there has been a tacit understanding from the very beginning that people aren't members of that site. Unlike Steve, I never assumed Anton was, but I was pretty sure Gerry was.

I don't believe your claim that you joined their league for a 'wind up' and that it was part of some sociological experiment. I believe this year the Fantasy Football Scout website entered all its members automatically into the members' league and it happened without you knowing. Unless you're alleging that Anton was also part of this 'wind up' and you co-ordinated it together. When were you planning to tell us?

There are two Fantasy Football Scout leagues by the way:

A regular one; https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/112029/standings/c And a members' one; https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/364/standings/c

Both you and Anton are in the members' one.

If I suspend you and him it will cause me a lot of pain, and I'm not kidding. I didn't suspend anyone last season, not even Bunter, who called me a c**t and ran a parallel league for banned players to undermine the Clique's authority. But what's the point in competing if people don't play fair? I'm not surprised at Don, but I am surprised at you.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2022, 8:33 PM

Good evening.

It's not been a good evening.

I'll wait to hear from Anton, and if he doesn't post soon I'll make a unilateral decision. Anyone is welcome to make a case for or against as well.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th August 2022, 9:47 PM

II didn't suspend anyone last season, not even Bunter, who called me a c**t

I most certainly did not. I have never called anybody that, on this site, on any other site or even verbally.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th August 2022, 10:07 PM

I most certainly did not. I have never called anybody that, on this site, on any other site or even verbally.

It was 'wanker', not c**t. Still an insult.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st May 2022, 9:03 PM
Quote: Godot Taxis @ 21st May 2022, 10:28 AM

Wanker of the season

I've already selected my choice for that one.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th August 2022, 9:47 PM

I'm glad you find it funny. I'm not 'contorting in moral outrage' as you luridly put it, I'm just disappointed, that it's you and Anton, people I like, and good league competitors. And I think I've every right to be. Although the Clique is 'fun' it is a contest and if you doubt the seriousness in which it is taken, look at Don posting his 'Hall of Fame' list every five minutes.

Whilst no-one is going to cry if they don't win or if they finish last, there literally is no point in playing in it if it's not played fairly, like any game. The quality of the advice and tools on offer on the Fantasy Scout site to members is immaterial. The point is they exist to give an advantage and there has been a tacit understanding from the very beginning that people aren't members of that site. Unlike Steve, I never assumed Anton was, but I was pretty sure Gerry was.

I don't believe your claim that you joined their league for a 'wind up' and that it was part of some sociological experiment. I believe this year the Fantasy Football Scout website entered all its members automatically into the members' league and it happened without you knowing. Unless you're alleging that Anton was also part of this 'wind up' and you co-ordinated it together. When were you planning to tell us?

There are two Fantasy Football Scout leagues by the way:

A regular one; https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/112029/standings/c And a members' one; https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/364/standings/c

Both you and Anton are in the members' one.

If I suspend you and him it will cause me a lot of pain, and I'm not kidding. I didn't suspend anyone last season, not even Bunter, who called me a c**t and ran a parallel league for banned players to undermine the Clique's authority. But what's the point in competing if people don't play fair? I'm not surprised at Don, but I am surprised at you.

It's not been a good evening.

I'll wait to hear from Anton, and if he doesn't post soon I'll make a unilateral decision. Anyone is welcome to make a case for or against as well.

You're just wrong on everything, and you sound far more than just disappointed. For absolutely no reason! There is no membership privilege, there is no payment, there is no advantage to me at all, as there is no website attached to it that I know of or would enter if there were. It appears to be a token league title to show off to your mates or as used by me, whether you choose to believe it or not, a spoof league for a laugh, a jokey wind up, whatever you want to call it. You've viewed it unfortunately with no sense of humour it was done in and intended for, despite my history of doing almost everything on here in heavy irony, looking for a laugh, whether I'm good at it or not. And somehow convinced yourself I'm a cheat because I have a good opening week, and you noticed me being in it.

It's just a free public league for anyone to join, they openly show the joining code on a listings page Google?Bing takes you to when you search for FPL. You get no cheats, no tips, no emails, no texts, no letters, you don't sign up to anything or even give your name or email address, you just pump in that visible to everyone code on the FPL and you're in another league, that's all - For you to just see how far you can get in another league or use it like I did to get the attention of FPL rivals, my biggest being Steve S, who like to coast along in my slipstream when I'm having a good season then shaft me up the arse in the final gameweeks. I came across it after googling FPL log in to find out why I couldn't log in or change my password without going round in circles with nothing happening.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th August 2022, 9:25 PM

Bumshine!

You rang, sir?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th August 2022, 10:39 PM

It was 'wanker', not c**t. Still an insult.

[/quote]

In etymological terms, I would say c**t was once the worst word in the English language. A true shocker that you never heard on TV.
But in more recent times, due to over-use, it has lost its sting. Micky Flanagan maintains that is an indicator that a relationship is on steady ground once the casual c**ting starts.
Whereas Wanker still has power.
If you are called a c**t, it can have the effect of actually making you laugh - it's similar in meaning to bastard.
But wanker implies you are underhand, sneaky and untrustworthy. By far the worst insult.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th August 2022, 8:13 AM

If you are called a c**t, it can have the effect of actually making you laugh - it's similar in meaning to bastard.

You rang, c**t?