Coronavirus Page 48

I read that 48 per cent of guys with coronavirus can't count. Ouch. That's more than half.

You'd think if Matt Hancock was going to use a Game of Thrones reference it would be "You know nothing Jon Snow."

Seriously though why does he need to use any reference? He's not doing a stand up routine.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st May 2020, 9:20 AM

You'd think if Matt Hancock was going to use a Game of Thrones reference it would be "You know nothing Jon Snow."

Seriously though why does he need to use any reference? He's not doing a stand up routine.

I didn't see that (like the late Arsene Wenger).

Trumps is now saying that he has evidence it leaked from a Chinese lab.

Note my "it" because they still have no proof that it is a virus and note his "a" because that doesn't exactly say Wuhan.

But there's "stuff" here - big, BIG stuff.

WUHAN INSTITUTE ISN'T CHINESE

First, as I said before, French engineers built half of the Wuhan Virology Institute. it has very cosy relationships with the University of Texas, virologists in Canada , Europe, Australia and elsewhere, plus one of the Gates's favourite organisations, WHO. So the Wuhan Institute of Virology is hardly Chinese, is it? I bet it is absolutely swarming with people from Oxford and Imperial.

SARS EXPERIMENTS OFTEN LEAK

Two, it turns out that SARS has leaked from the Beijing lab many times which is hardly reassuring. But then when you look at past major virus things, most of them also seem to have leaked from labs but in every single one of those cases outside China. Some maintain that HIV occurred because of western virologists mucking around in Africa and then getting things wrong.

SARS EXPERIMENTS ARE NOT IN TOP LEVEL LAB

Three, Category 4 level is the dangerous top level of virology labs and Wuhan is the only Category 4 lab on the Chinese mainland. So.....SO.....what the hell are people in Beijing doing even looking at SARS in only a Category 3 lab? Again, and I have no love for China so I am entirely unbiased, I bet many of the people there aren't Chinese either. Rather a range of zombie looking gargoyles from the EU and Surrey.

MASSES OF VIRUS LABS BUILT GLOBALLY IN THE PAST DECADE

And four, this is the real biggie. Richard Ebright who is one of the senior big business virology people in the States has said that the Chinese do not need more than one Category 4 lab in his opinion because more than one would suggest they would be doing more dodgy work on military bio-weapons.

Which is absolutely incredible when you look for the first time as I did this morning at the huge network of Category 4 establishments all across North America (some in earthquake and hurricane zones) and the UK and Europe and Australia and India and Brazil and South Korea and you name it.

More than HALF of these have been built in the last 10 years. The list is here but you will need to scroll down:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level

I was gobsmacked. It's like something out of Quatermass and in my humble opinion it's bloody outrageous. I don't blame the Chinese for having just one chamber of horrors in Wuhan as a response. I blame us and everyone else for having a global mushrooming cloud of them, mostly built while everyone else was experiencing austerity.

At some point, a petition is going to have to get going to say that 90% of them should be shut down.

If they aren't we'll have this crud every single year from now onwards.

Trump claims he's seen evidence but as ever offered no proof or corroborating evidence whatsoever. It's classic deadcatting designed to distract everybody from his own woeful performance during the crisis. If he has proof, share it with the world. Until he does that, it's just one more groundless conspiracy theory that he and his base are so keen on,

Quote: chipolata @ 1st May 2020, 11:40 AM

Trump claims he's seen evidence but as ever offered no proof or corroborating evidence whatsoever. It's classic deadcatting designed to distract everybody from his own woeful performance during the crisis. If he has proof, share it with the world. Until he does that, it's just one more groundless conspiracy theory that he and his base are so keen on,

Oh thank God for that.

I thought people were going to start saying that Arsene Wenger isn't really dead.

Of course I meant that he wasn't alive at the Arsenal.

China will be at war with the US in a matter of months

We probably won't see 2021

The Daily Mail announces in a headline today that a recent survey suggests that 60% of Brits would be uncomfortable going out - even if it were safe.

Is that really what the survey said?

As I understand it, the survey suggested that 60% of Brits would be uncomfortable going out even if the lockdown restrictions were lifted.

Clearly, the Daily Mail thinks that "no lockdown restrictions" and "no danger from coronavirus" are the same thing.

In an ideal world full of well-informed and totally honest politicians they would be.

However, in this world, they are most certainly not the same thing.

I shall be following Lee Mack's example for the foreseeable future.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st May 2020, 1:09 PM

I shall be following Lee Mack's example for the foreseeable future.

Or you could follow the admirable example of Esma Cannon, Stanley Unwin and the rest of the gang from 1961.

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st May 2020, 1:03 PM

China will be at war with the US in a matter of months.

China has been at war with the United States (and most of the rest of the world) for about 25 years.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st May 2020, 1:09 PM

well-informed and totally honest politicians

Funniest thing I've read here yet.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 1st May 2020, 7:03 PM

Funniest thing I've read here yet.

As absolutely every BCG member has said at least once about something I've posted.

No, wait!

For a moment there, I was back in that ideal world! Laughing out loud

Funny ha ha or funny peculiar ?

Laboratory virologists work exclusively indoors in self-isolation under a secure lockdown. They are only ever in contact with the people they know, never go into a supermarket, unnecessarily inject their pet bats, go increasingly mad so as to believe they are gods who alone can save the planet and end up spending their entire time talking utter bollocks on Zoom. Sounds familiar? Yep, that's right. They have projected their illness onto you and it is only metaphorically a virus.

Back with the Daily Mail again, I was shocked to read a headline announcing that the maximum fine for breach of lockdown conditions might be raised from £60 to £30,000.

Typical of the Mail, however, the body of the article told a very different story.

The maximum fine might be raised to £3000.

Phew! That's a relief! Laughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd May 2020, 8:34 PM

lying bastard Trump.

Trump wasn't lying. He was just being sarcastic. And his dickless, pea-brained supporters toting their guns in Michigan Capitol are just being sarcastic too. They are heroes and deserve our respect, because debates are won not by logical reasoning but by having the biggest guns and making the most noise. Anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot.