Coronavirus Page 52

Quote: john tregorran @ 9th May 2020, 9:29 AM

Yes,everything Trump says is a crock of shit.:)

No it isn't. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Njrwasa5YFo

Going on a two week holiday to some countries requires you spending another 14 days in quarantine when you get there. In other countries it doesn't do. The UK Government looks set to introduce a 14 day quarantine period when you get back so that would be 28 quarantine days in total. Simon Calder and other international holiday journalists are morose, saying the WHO guidance is that quarantines are helpful only early on in a pandemic - or just before "the peak of the wave".

They moan too much. Are the rest of us who are not allowed to travel more than a mile or a few miles from our homes really being expected to accept that restriction while people travel tens of miles to airports and then off on a jolly to Thailand or Spain? Brighton - my nearest coastal place - is around 35 miles away and I can't go within 30-34 miles of it. Although I am unfit and will drop dead doing it, I will if they allow masses of flights walk first alone to there and back and then walk the 280 miles to Devon and back. I will be dressed as an aeroplane and sleeping in a tent marked Duty Free.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/lockdownlegalchallenge/

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th May 2020, 10:16 AM

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/lockdownlegalchallenge/

Why's he having a whip round?
He's worth 142 million.

Tonight at 7 PM, Boris will address the nation about his plans for easing the lockdown restrictions and getting most youngsters back to school, most adults back to work and most businesses open again.

Next week, he will probably be addressing the nation to tell us he is about to release a large percentage of all our most dangerous criminals - his logic being that because most of them haven't killed or harmed anybody while in prison, they're obviously no longer the threat they once were.

I bet those prisoners and all those tiny coronavirus organisms can't believe their luck! Laughing out loud

Bring on the 2nd Wave.

Only 70 minutes to go before Boris tells us all about his new plans.

At the moment, there's already some controversy about his new slogan "Stay alert" which is to replace the long-standing "Stay home".

Nicola Sturgeon denounces the new slogan, saying it's woefully unclear in its meaning.

According to reports, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will all refuse to use the new slogan.

I can hardly blame them: people know where they are with an unambiguous command, but they're going to make whatever they want to out of a woolly piece of general advice.

I fear that there will now be millions coming across the English borders to enjoy the immense privilege of sitting on a park bench.

So even though HUNDREDS of people are dying everyday- he wants me to go to work?

F**k off

So stay at home but go out for unlimited picnics but don't go near each other. Get to work unless you can't drive in which case learn to get there by magic. Stay alert in case the virus sneaks up on you. Clear as mud. Proof on video in fact that this government hates the working class and truly believe they are expendable.

2nd wave imminent.

When this lockdown started there was about 40 or 50 deaths a day?

Now there's about 300 to 600 a day?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh...?

Wut?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 10th May 2020, 10:35 PM

So stay at home but go out for unlimited picnics but don't go near each other. Get to work unless you can't drive in which case learn to get there by magic. Stay alert in case the virus sneaks up on you. Clear as mud. Proof on video in fact that this government hates the working class and truly believe they are expendable.

2nd wave imminent.

Yes but he's got a cheeky smile and wild hair.They'll vote him in again.

He does have a big cuddly buffoon quality that makes voters overlook the fact he's a lying chancer without a plan.

Well, at least we got our country back.

The problem is that the government's policy - supported by their friends in the media - of frightening everybody into submission by loudly advertising the (misleading) daily death figures has proved so successful that people are now going to be reluctant even to start returning to normal.