Coronavirus Page 47

The state premier wants all schools to stay closed here but the Federal government are introducing financial inducements for the private schools to open.Simply because they are losing money.So profits before people yet again.

Both Mr Johnson and his partner have had coronavirus but it isn't yet certain that if you have had coronavirus you have immunity. It could be that you are more susceptible to getting it again. Consequently for the safety of their baby shouldn't he be indefinitely kept six feet away from them and protected by a kind nanny? Until/unless there is a vaccine or a cure?

Yes he should get used to being separated from his parents,boarding at prep school,Eton and probably Wormwood Scrubs.

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th April 2020, 10:33 PM

Yes he should get used to being separated from his parents,boarding at prep school,Eton and probably Wormwood Scrubs.

He should be IN Wormwood scrubs. Bastard!

My dear friend challenged me to list 10 things that give me joy. I told him to f**k off. Ten times.

I don't see how they can even consider schools reopening. With all the precautions in the world, kids will not social distance.

My wife stands fifty feet away, wears eight pairs of gloves and washes her hands 742 times a day. Methinks the lady doth protect too much.

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th April 2020, 10:33 PM

Yes he should get used to being separated from his parents, boarding at prep school...

Oh crikey! You keep off you beasts. Yarooh!

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 30th April 2020, 8:56 AM

I don't see how they can even consider schools reopening. With all the precautions in the world, kids will not social distance.

In the overwhelming majority of state schools in the UK, it's physically impossible to social distance - simply because there are so many pupils occupying so little space.

In stark contrast, a great many private schools have large buildings such as theatres and sports halls that would allow classes to be held while maintaining appropriate social distances.

As Sitcomfan says, however, once the kids are away from the teacher's watchful eye, they're going to get together - believing, rightly or wrongly, that their youth will protect them from coronavirus. Or, alternatively, they'll accept the possibility of catching the disease but they'll think it's the sort of thing that only happens to other people.

And then, the inevitable will happen: countless kids will become infected and they will carry the disease back to their parents, et cetera et cetera et cetera.

It's been said before, many times, many ways: we're all doomed! :(

Johnson has let me down again. I thought he'd end Coronavirus, war and terrorism in time for dindins. He SUCKS.

As I'm sure most BCG readers will be aware, social distancing regulations have had a serious impact on the production of some of our favourite TV programmes.

It will come as no surprise, therefore, when I tell you there is a certain amount of panic at ITV who can see (in the not too distant future) some enormous holes in their weekly TV schedule.

The barrel containing already-made TV programmes is almost empty and is, therefore, being well and truly scraped and, right down at the bottom, somebody has found a full series of a never-before-broadcast quiz show, produced by Simon Cowell, and entitled "Rolling In It".

Executives are on the verge of doing the unthinkable, which is to say they are considering putting it on our TV screens having previously deemed it one of the worst TV shows ever made.

Apparently, it has to be seen to be believed: and, in the event that lockdown restrictions are not removed in the impossibly near future, you're probably going to see it! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 30th April 2020, 8:05 PM

As I'm sure most BCG readers will be aware, social distancing regulations have had a serious impact on the production of some of our favourite TV programmes.

It will come as no surprise, therefore, when I tell you there is a certain amount of panic at ITV who can see (in the not too distant future) some enormous holes in their weekly TV schedule.

The barrel containing already-made TV programmes is almost empty and is, therefore, being well and truly scraped and, right down at the bottom, somebody has found a full series of a never-before-broadcast quiz show, produced by Simon Cowell, and entitled "Rolling In It".

Executives are on the verge of doing the unthinkable, which is to say they are considering putting it on our TV screens having previously deemed it one of the worst TV shows ever made.

Apparently, it has to be seen to be believed: and, in the event that lockdown restrictions are not removed in the impossibly near future, you're probably going to see it! Laughing out loud

People should learn how to entertain themselves.

For example, I enjoy making programmes of myself whistling all the hits of Al Martino through a blade of grass.

I did a Skype today with Gipsy Penguinengro.

Her crystal balls were saying it is transmitted by baked beans, hoover bags, mountain bikes and hamsters.

So just be very careful.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th April 2020, 10:45 PM

I did a Skype today with Gipsy Penguinengro.

Her crystal balls were saying it is transmitted by baked beans, hoover bags, mountain bikes and hamsters.

So just be very careful.

What about the llamas? Where were they when this was going on?

Quote: Briosaid @ 30th April 2020, 11:24 PM

What about the llamas? Where were they when this was going on?

Oh yes - llamas are lovely.

They were playing the hits of Perry Como on cereal box guitars.