- Friday 14th February 2020, 6:03pm
- United Kingdom
- 8 posts
My rejects for you
1. The Scottish government is to trial a Canadian scheme which stabilises alcoholics by giving them a shot of alcohol every hour. The trial, known as the Canadian Club, runs seven days a week from 9am until closing time.
2. A bus driver has been praised for saving a passenger's life after a schoolgirl choked on an apple on his bus. The unassuming driver shrugged off the praise saying it was just one of his core duties.
3. Four climbers with no winter equipment and wearing trainers were rescued by a team of helicopters from blizzards on Ben Nevis during Storm Ciara. The men in Pumas said the climbers were idiots.
GOOD WEEK/BAD WEEK:
1. It's been a bad week for Scottish Finance Minister Derek Mackay who had to resign after being caught sending hundreds of texts to a 16 year old boy. It's been a good week for Derek Mackay who will now have loads of spare minutes and texts on his mobile contract next month.
2. It's been a bad week for K-Pop Band GOT7 who were forced to cancel gigs in Bangkok due to the Coronavirus. It's been a good week for British fans of GOT7, as the band are now booked to be on next week's Masked Singer.
3. It's been a bad week for John Bercow after being criticised for naming ex staff in his autobiography without their permission. It's been a good week for Waterstones as readers rushed to Pre-ORDER