Newsjack Series 22 rejects Page 10

ExeChris, your submissions above (Iceland excepted) might have been written by any of the top comedy writers in the UK.

The fact that NewsJack rejected them suggests very strongly that you are simply too good for NewsJack.

A classic case of casting pearls before swine.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd March 2020, 2:29 PM

ExeChris, your submissions above (Iceland excepted) might have been written by any of the top comedy writers in the UK.

The fact that NewsJack rejected them suggests very strongly that you are simply too good for NewsJack.

A classic case of casting pearls before swine.

I'm sitting here in a mostly deserted Council office in Exeter. That is possibly the highest praise I've ever had. Thank you.

ExeChris, I agree with Rood Eye. I think some jokes were too clever for NJ. I really like the traffic light one.

DDP, I agree with the feedback overall which is positive about your submissions. Good luck next series. I would just say, hone your words as much as possible. Cut out the excess. Read your jokes to someone to see if they get the joke etc. Tbh even obvious takes on a joke that everyone has already thought of and have put versions of on twitter get on the show.

Apologies I have taken my eye off the ball, foot off the pedal, etc, with everything else going on. I normally try to post at least some rejects and give feedback but recently - struggling and also no time.

There are some really good rejects on here. I can't face listening to the show after the feedback on it on here.

Good luck to you all over the next few months.