Tory leadership Page 10

Think of me today doing a new poster for the Herne Bay cartoon festival after the old one had to be scrapped when Johnson resigned. About the Tory succession, of course. I started it yesterday then had to scrap that version when new candidates emerged. The old one had already been publicised, and Kent County Council had complained that it was too anti Tory and withdrawn their logo from the poster...

Oh dear. Do one of Sir Beer then, the Tory council are bound to love that.

Seems that everyone apart from Reece Mog is running for the leader role. They'll have to have elections every day to get this done by September. Funny how you don't get many candidates running when they're the opposition party ain't it. When it's a ready made PM role, (unelected by us) they queue up in their dozens, stinking opportunist shysters. You tell me that isn't the real reason they've turned on BJ. ? Herd indeed, shite herd.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th July 2022, 10:08 AM

Oh dear. Do one of Sir Beer then, the Tory council are bound to love that.

Seems that everyone apart from Reece Mog is running for the leader role. They'll have to have elections every day to get this done by September. Funny how you don't get many candidates running when they're the opposition party ain't it. When it's a ready made PM role, (unelected by us) they queue up in their dozens, stinking opportunist shysters. You tell me that isn't the real reason they've turned on BJ. ? Herd indeed, shite herd.

When BJ first became PM he hadn't won a general election. It's what happens in a parliamentary democracy and has always happened.

Yes the public endorsed his leadership. There is little guarantee at the mo they will endorse his successor's in two years time and that is why Labour are calling for a general election now. Internal party leader elections always seem to happen mid term, with enough time for the party ratings to improve, funny that ain't it. There's definitely self interested ambition and opportunism involved in BJ's removal. Shysters.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th July 2022, 10:50 AM

Yes the public endorsed his leadership. There is little guarantee at the mo they will endorse his successor's in two years time and that is why Labour are calling for a general election now. Internal party leader elections always seem to happen mid term, with enough time for the party ratings to improve, funny that ain't it. There's definitely self interested ambition and opportunism involved in BJ's removal. Shysters.

You live by the sword you die by the sword. Boris was all about ambition, self interest and opportunism, so he should appreciate what's going on now better than anybody else. There's even a good argument to be had that he didn't even truly believe in Brexit, and just jumped on the bandwagon.

Alfred Boris Johnson sacked himself it is crystal clear.
He was given everything he ever wanted. He had a massive majority and a compliant cabinet. He had the Mail Sun & Telegraph in his pocket and the BBC was coerced into following his lines and he still f**ked it up.
But the reality is that the problem was him and his lies. It's not 'Woke' to complain about him promoting a sexual predator, or having a journalist beaten up . He has no moral fibre and all that happened was his lackeys started letting it be known what he was doing.
One found him getting a blow job of his mistress who while his wife laying dying of cancer, he cheats lies and cares only for himself . He is waste of every penny thrown at him and anyone seeing him as some sort of victim is beyond bizarre.

He's the archetypal spoiled little brat

Always got his way all his life

And when he can't get his own way he lies and cheats to ensure he gets what he wants

Probably the worst PM this country has ever had

I include Thatcher in that

THATS how utterly appalling he was

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 10th July 2022, 11:15 AM

Alfred Boris Johnson sacked himself it is crystal clear.
He was given everything he ever wanted. He had a massive majority and a compliant cabinet. He had the Mail Sun & Telegraph in his pocket and the BBC was coerced into following his lines and he still f**ked it up.
But the reality is that the problem was him and his lies. It's not 'Woke' to complain about him promoting a sexual predator, or having a journalist beaten up . He has no moral fibre and all that happened was his lackeys started letting it be known what he was doing.
One found him getting a blow job of his mistress who while his wife laying dying of cancer, he cheats lies and cares only for himself . He is waste of every penny thrown at him and anyone seeing him as some sort of victim is beyond bizarre.

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th July 2022, 11:20 AM

He's the archetypal spoiled little brat

Always got his way all his life

And when he can't get his own way he lies and cheats to ensure he gets what he wants

Probably the worst PM this country has ever had

I include Thatcher in that

THATS how utterly appalling he was

None of any of this, however valid or true, means he was the worst PM we ever had. The worst human being in the role is an entirely different matter, but his ministerial record will show he got far more things done than many a PM in the same time span. You like many others especially non Tories, just don't like what it is he got done. And you enhance this with your dislike of him as a man, it's the Thatcher syndrome again. No one but lefties say she was a bad PM. They were both hard right radicals (although BJ was a convert to this for political expediency.) It's exactly the same with people saying Corbyn was the worst Labour leader ever. People didn't like him or his hard left views.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th July 2022, 11:31 AM

They were both hard right radicals (although BJ was a convert to this for political expediency.)

I don't think Johnson ever converted to "far right". He came up with some right wing policies - as you say for political expedience - but he never believed in them. (Likewise left policies and green policies when it suited his political agenda.) None of them ever came to fruition.

The danger for these candidates (the same trap Labour fell into when they elected Corbyn, but at the other end of the spectrum) is they're playing to a very small, very specific crowd - namely The Conservative Patty Membership. A group of people who are almost entirely unrepresentative of the Tory voter, let alone the electorate as a whole. Policies that please the various Golf Club Captains and leading lights in the WI won't necessarily please the wider audience.

I'd like to see Sunak win

Then he can fix the economy

The economy that he has been in charge of for years

Levelling up is a nonsense wokes phrase that doesn't make any senses. But if this MP stands to be the leaders of the Conservatives Party, what we could gets is levelling:

https://e3.365dm.com/22/05/2048x1152/skynews-north-korea-kim-jong-un_5773451.jpg

Nah we just had one fat imbecile with a silly haircut, we don't need another thanks

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th July 2022, 2:41 PM

I'd like to see Sunak win

Now 6/4 favourite.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th July 2022, 8:58 PM

Now 6/4 favourite.

He gives me the creeps.

Preferenceseses:

Yes
JAVID, SHAPPS, Sharma

Maybe Yes
BRAVERMAN, TUGENDHAT

A Bit More Yes Than No
HUNT, Patel, BADENOCH

No
TRUSS, CHISHTI

Big No
MORDAUNT, ZAHAWI

No Thanks In The Next Million Years
SUNAK.....the bookies' current favourite

Prediction for the shock winner:

Sue Ellen Braverperson

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2022/jul/07/greatest-honour-suella-braverman-says-would-like-next-prime-minister-video?fbclid=IwAR35bpZvWBDwMK4N4HyhuLOF1PW8yG69Aw8jQ-KAs8S8vKytOd9LG2v7XfA