Tory leadership Page 12

Their target audience don't believe climate change exists, that's why it never gets a look in.

As is so often requested by others on this thread when statements are made, I would be interested to see the evidence supporting the numbers and the claims of the preceding two posts.

There you go. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-07/how-uk-s-tories-will-elect-leader-to-replace-johnson-quicktake

The hosepipe ban bit was an educated guess.
The average I saw was slightly higher than indicated here - but that was from The Guardian (though not commissioned by them) which I never site on the grounds that the mere mention of it's name tends to see steam coming out of certain people's ears.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th July 2022, 10:52 AM

As is so often requested by others on this thread when statements are made, I would be interested to see the evidence supporting the numbers and the claims of the preceding two posts.

I'm making an incredibly accurate scientific assumption based on the letters I read in my parents Daily Mail and the numerous emails GB News presenters get and then read out.

Mad Nads and Lord Snooty come out for Liz Truss.
With friends like these...

She voted Remain so I think she's a non-starter, despite trying to channel Thatcher by being photograophed a lot in tanks.

Quote: chipolata @ 12th July 2022, 11:49 AM

She voted Remain so I think she's a non-starter, despite trying to channel Thatcher by being photograophed a lot in tanks.

She's very Brexity now.

Tank girl ? Let's be honest once you've dated Boris you end up marring someone like Sunak. Finding someone charismatic AND with (apparent) morality is proving hard, I guess that's why political historians still rate Obama and Blair.

Quote: chipolata @ 12th July 2022, 11:49 AM

She famously changed her mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swgObFTx0iM&ab_channel=welshgit

Nothing says 'future PM' like being outwitted on an LBC phone-in.

Current State of play.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th July 2022, 11:23 AM

There you go. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-07/how-uk-s-tories-will-elect-leader-to-replace-johnson-quicktake

The hosepipe ban bit was an educated guess.
The average I saw was slightly higher than indicated here - but that was from The Guardian (though not commissioned by them) which I never site on the grounds that the mere mention of it's name tends to see steam coming out of certain people's ears.

Thank you for the link. Not quite what you alleged here though:

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th July 2022, 9:49 AM

Their target audience are all going to be brown bread by the time that kicks in.
Tax cuts means more cruises and a new set of golf clubs.

The next PM will be foisted on us by about 180,000 people.
97% white. The majority over 60 and male, with the bulk of them living in the South of England.
The only way you could get them to worry about Climate Change is to say there'd be more hosepipe bans.

You stated 180, 000; Survey said... ... 175.000
You stated 97% white; Survey said... ... merely over 9 in 10
You stated majority over 60; Survey said... ... Four in ten over 65
You stated bulk live in the southern England; Survey said... ... nearly half
You stated all will be dead by then; Survey said... ... 6% are aged between 18 & 24 (that's 10,500 people)

Should be the 'family fortunes noise after each statement.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th July 2022, 1:01 PM

Thank you for the link. Not quite what you alleged here though:

You stated 180, 000; Survey said... ... 175.000
You stated 97% white; Survey said... ... merely over 9 in 10
You stated majority over 60; Survey said... ... Four in ten over 65
You stated bulk live in the southern England; Survey said... ... nearly half
You stated all will be dead by then; Survey said... ... 6% are aged between 18 & 24 (that's 10,500 people)

You got me bang to rights, officer.
A complete fabrication.

But, for clarification...

I said about 180,000 - so, not a bad guess - and turns out an even smaller number of people choose our PM - so thanks for strengthening my argument.
97% is 'over 9 out of 10'- it's just more accurate.
40% being over 65 doesn't rule out 51% being over 60. That's maths for you
I'll give you the South of England one.
The 'dead by then' was a joke - lets make It "most of them will be dead by then"

Nit-picking is a two-way street.

Pritti has dropped out - which should give Truss a boost.
The more hardcore right-wingers will go for Suella

EDIT: Actually, she never officially entered the race, though was about too.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th July 2022, 12:32 PM

Current State of play.

Sunak has the same number of fines as Johnson, Mordaunt is even further to the left than Johnson if that's possible; likewise Tugendhat, Truss is too pre-occupied with cheese imports, Hunt is too dangerous a surname for future interviewers, Braverman is endorsed by Michael Gove so will need to watch her back and Christhi has done nothing since Yellow River in 1970.