Tory leadership Page 11

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th July 2022, 2:41 PM

I'd like to see Sunak win

Then he can fix the economy

The economy that he has been in charge of for years

I recon the real reason he resigned from the Chancellor job is because he knew he couldn't fix the economy situation. This way he might get to be PM then he can pick some poor sap to be the chancellor and then blame him/her when it all goes topsy.

Looks like it may end up Sunak v Mordaunt currently, though with only about a third of the party's MPs endorsing so far, there's likely more endorsements to come.

Plus it's probable that Patel will put herself in the race at some point and she will probably gather a lot of endorsements.

Hunt has named Esther McVey his deputy if elected ha.

"Cruella" Suella is the one to watch out for.
She's in the ERG's pocket and is probably, in an admittedly crowded field, the most frightening of the lot.

Sunak in a strong early podium place with the electorate, behind 'Don't know' and 'None of the above'.

Seems like whoever wins, they're just going to promise loads of tax cuts and then call an election. So they just need to elect whoever they think can sell that lie plausibly enough to get them another five years in charge.

If the rumours are to be believed, Boris is out to wreck Sunak's chances. And Tories do have a track record of not picking the favourite.

Sunaks was fined over Partgate.

Have Tory MPs - well over 30 are backing him - learnt nothing at all?

In other news, Chemi Baddyknockers is starting to grow on me a bit.

Not that she stands a chance.

White members may just about be prepared to do a Tamla Motown but there is no way they are going to cope with someone on Stax.

Quote: chipolata @ 11th July 2022, 11:38 AM

If the rumours are to be believed, Boris is out to wreck Sunak's chances. And Tories do have a track record of not picking the favourite.

He's using Mad Nads to do his dirty work.
She's tweeting like a good 'un on his behalf.
Isn't love beautiful?
#GoNads

On that graph, 78% of Conservative members want a white one then. 88% if you knock out posh boy Rishi Sunak. This gets it closer to the 98% plus percentage of whites among all MEPs in the European Parliament. We will back in the EU before you know it.

Steve Baker asking Jacob Rees-Mogg not to stand for Leadership, under the long-standing "one too many nutters "rule.

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th July 2022, 6:31 PM

Steve Baker asking Jacob Rees-Mogg not to stand for Leadership, under the long-standing "one too many nutters "rule.

Johnny Rotten wants Mogg as PM

Well they do say you get more right wing as you get older...

Wow who the hell is this Suella Braverman creature?

She makes Priti Patel look like my gran

Obviously studied at the Thatcher school of being a vile heartless bitch

I can foresee the future.
Whoever gets to be prime minister will be called a wanker or wankeress on these pages.

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th July 2022, 10:13 PM

Wow who the hell is this Suella Braverman creature?

ERG stooge.

Telling that not one of them mentioned climate change, the existential threat to humanity. Just tax cuts.

Quote: beaky @ 12th July 2022, 9:35 AM

Telling that not one of them mentioned climate change, the existential threat to humanity. Just tax cuts.

Their target audience are all going to be brown bread by the time that kicks in.
Tax cuts means more cruises and a new set of golf clubs.

The next PM will be foisted on us by about 180,000 people.
97% white. The majority over 60 and male, with the bulk of them living in the South of England.
The only way you could get them to worry about Climate Change is to say there'd be more hosepipe bans.