Tory leadership Page 9

Quote: DaButt @ 10th July 2019, 12:36 PM

Huh?

I tink the plan is to run Ivanks in 2024, although I think that's doomed to fail as she has none of the star power of her dad and is a bit of a dud.

Watched the debate last night. BORIS is a spineless, self-seeking bastard. But the Tory masses will toss their sweaty nightcaps in the air and vote for him. His humour isn't even particularly funny but they all laugh their heads off as if he's a great wit. What a lying, inept arse.

He is also a hypocritical dickhead

When Gordon Brown became PM he had this to say ...

"It's the arrogance. It's the contempt. That's what gets me. It's Gordon Brown's apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It's at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud"

"They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM... They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup... with North Korean servility, the Labour Party has handed power over to the brooding Scottish power-maniac."

A few thousand tories making you PM is ok though

F**k off ya fat TWAT

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th July 2019, 7:06 PM

A few thousand tories making you PM is ok though

F**k off ya fat TWAT

Yes. Yes, it is. Boris was elected to be leader of the ruling party. Gordon was crowned, unopposed, like Theresa. The former is democratic. The latter is not.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd June 2019, 5:15 PM

I'm confident. Remember you read it here first!

Don't forget - nobody expected John Major to succeed Margaret Thatcher up against Michael Heseltine & Douglas Hurd; Willie Whitelaw was hot favourite to succeed Edward Heath; Reginald Maudling was favourite to succeed Harold Macmillan and RAB Butler was expected to succeed both Eden & Macmillan; David Cameron had been 2nd to David Davis in the first Ballot but came from behind to win and Theresa May was a surprise winner last time.

So... Errr

I was never a fan of Gordon Brown, but it's high time there was a law preventing an elected leader becoming PM without all us plebs having a say.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th July 2019, 8:44 PM

So... Errr

I had assumed, after almost a week, nobody had remembered that.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th July 2019, 10:11 PM

I had assumed, after almost a week, nobody had remembered that.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 26th July 2019, 9:00 PM

I was never a fan of Gordon Brown, but it's high time there was a law preventing an elected leader becoming PM without all us plebs having a say.

I see the argument, but it's very unlikely. Even in America where they directly elect a single person (President), that person has a deputy who'd take over.

Admittedly that person is their electoral running mate so also has a mandate, but it's not a direct separate choice from the President, just like this was not.

The fact remains that - particularly since the mid-90s and the cult of Blair - the waters have muddied, but we still elect our constituency representative, not a party and not a Prime Minister.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread for when it's needed.

It's been up in the loft for the past three years but I got the wife to help me find it and bring it down. Filthy, dirty and covered with cobwebs. But she's good to the kids...

Penny Mordaunt (I think she was a Brexiteer) with Ben Wallace as her number 2 might be a pretty strong ticket. I don't think the remainers stand much of a chance, not after the Teresa May years.

Not seen the runners and riders yet.
It's pretty lacklustre crew as it was hollowed out at Boris's last cull.
The membership will want something pretty beige after the last rather colourful year or so.

Everybody is beige compared to Boris.

Heseltine seems to think that Brexit will get overturned.

Senile old twat!

Quote: Chappers @ 7th July 2022, 7:37 PM

Heseltine seems to think that Brexit will get overturned.

Senile old twat!

Yes - I think he's missed a memo.

As it becomes increasingly obvious that Brexit is a complete shitshow, it will eventually be overturned.

Worst case scenario is Scotland get Independence and rejoins the EU and "Little Britain" becomes a reality.