HOW MUCH !!!!? Page 14

Quote: beaky @ 25th February 2023, 11:57 AM

Laughable, the Brexiteers blaming the food shortages on bad weather in Spain and Morocco, when the UK is the only European country to experience them! (Sorry to say the UK is a European country, Billy, I realise that upsets you. I'm speaking geographically)

I don't recall saying that it wasn't a European country. And I am not a Brexiteer if that comment was aimed at me. Your posts are becoming increasingly random.

The only thing I've complained about on this thread is the price of my Sky subscription increasing, which you suggested was the fault of Brexit (despite it happening regularly since 1991) and then had the nerve to call me "silly"!

While we're on the subject though, the UK is , nevertheless,, an island, which makes shipping that much more difficult and expensive and therefore a less attractive proposition when there are shortages anyway. Notable that Ireland is also suffering shortages. That is an island too. And in the EU.

It must be just down south - or even panic buying. (causing a self-fulfilling prophecy)
Because here ooop north, there are no shortages of anything.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th February 2023, 1:02 PM

It must be just down south - or even panic buying. (causing a self-fulfilling prophecy)
Because here ooop north, there are no shortages of anything.

And yet it makes headlines in the Yorkshire Post.
Odd.

I go with my wife's word - she does the shopping.
She even took photographs of full salad and fruit shelves. (Sainsbury's)

Talking of Sainsburys...

Sainsbury's former CEO Justin King has blamed Brexit for "horribly hurting" UK supermarkets following supply shortages.

Sorry, Billy.
I was the silly.

What was the cost of the candles for Herc's birthday cake?

Quote: Chappers @ 27th February 2023, 1:23 PM

It wasn't so much the candles, as the cost of the two fire-engines on permanent stand-by.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th February 2023, 1:23 PM

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th February 2023, 2:34 PM

It wasn't so much the candles, as the cost of the two fire-engines on permanent stand-by.

That's right, that's right, get it off your chest..............anyone else want to stick their oar in? Sobs uncontrollably - you cruel bastards

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2023, 3:51 PM

That's right, that's right, get it off your chest..............anyone else want to stick their oar in? Sobs uncontrollably - you cruel bastards

Well living to an advanced age is better than the other option.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th February 2023, 7:12 PM

Well living to an advanced age is better than the other option.

The way the world is at the moment, I do sometimes ponder

First Class stamps going up to £1.10 from 3 April.

That's up 293% since 2004, when they were 28p. And a whopping 1,592% since the 1976 Happy Ever After Christmas Special when Terry was bemoaning the 6.5p cost of stamps for their Christmas cards.

Royal Mail privatised by the usual suspects

Stamps will go up and up and up and up

Service will get worse and worse and worse

These idiots either don't learn from their mistakes - or they just don't give a shit

Or both

Does anyone write to anyone anymore though?
When was the last time you actually licked a stamp to put on a letter (I know, they are pre-gummed but you get the meaning)
All I can think of is birthday cards.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th March 2023, 7:38 AM

Does anyone write to anyone anymore though?
When was the last time you actually licked a stamp to put on a letter (I know, they are pre-gummed but you get the meaning)
All I can think of is birthday cards.

Its cerainly a dying art.
The only time I ever 'post a letter' is when you have to send actual paper documents.