HOW MUCH !!!!? Page 13

Quote: beaky @ 23rd February 2023, 9:35 AM

Huge price increases = Benefits of Brexit

Yeah but only for about ten years

Then everything will be BRILLIANT

It had never occurred to me that Sky increasing my monthly subscription by £4 could blamed on Brexit. But now you've explained it, I can see how something that has happened regularly since 1991 is all the fault of the UK voting to leave the EU in 2016.

Don't be a Silly Billy!

No tomatoes to put on me cheese sandwich this morning either - that damned vote ruined the weather too.

Try a BLT

Bacon, lettuce and turnip

Quote: beaky @ 24th February 2023, 9:09 AM

Don't be a Silly Billy!

Well, you're the one that offered it up as the reason:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd February 2023, 5:55 PM

Now Sky have emailed me to tell me my monthly bill will be increasing by £4 rom 1 April.

Quote: beaky @ 23rd February 2023, 9:35 AM

Huge price increases = Benefits of Brexit

Apparently polling amongst citizens of EU countries regarding the possibility of their countries own 'Brexits' has absolutely plummeted - they no longer want to touch that nonsense with a shitty barge pole

I love an assertion that begins "apparently"

I paid 6.50 for a pint of draught Peroni last week.
I was so shocked, I bought another 4 to calm my nerves,

About a couple of years ago I had a leaking hot tap on the bathroom basin and had to buy a PAIR of ceramic valves, and three weeks ago the cold tap started dripping - do you think I could find that effin' cold one I bought two years ago?........Could I f**k.

SO, to the plumbing suppliers again to buy ANOTHER pair of valves, and hopefully when that cold valve has finished fart-arsing about in the 4th Dimension it may come back and join its new hot mate.

£19.88 for a pair of ceramic valves - whatever happened to the taps that only needed a 20p rubber washer?!?
And they call it progress.

Re: tomatoes. And any other salad prods for that matter. I'm no farming expert but surely we have the greenhouse technology to grow all year round crops now? I don't get why we haven't yet become self sufficient with all the farmland we have!

Where's the great British entrepreneurial spirit? There's obviously a huge gap in the market for British grown produce to stop these ridiculous shortages so why aren't people opening up and investing in nursaries? You could be the first tomato millionaire.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th February 2023, 9:03 AM

About a couple of years ago I had a leaking hot tap on the bathroom basin and had to buy a PAIR of ceramic valves, and three weeks ago the cold tap started dripping - do you think I could find that effin' cold one I bought two years ago?........Could I f**k.

SO, to the plumbing suppliers again to buy ANOTHER pair of valves, and hopefully when that cold valve has finished fart-arsing about in the 4th Dimension it may come back and join its new hot mate.

£19.88 for a pair of ceramic valves - whatever happened to the taps that only needed a 20p rubber washer?!?
And they call it progress.

We've got a swan neck mixer on out kitchen sink like that.
Except you have to buy a whole new gubbins for the inside, when you get a drip.
£98.
It's gone twic now.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th February 2023, 9:21 AM

No tomatoes to put on me cheese sandwich this morning either - that damned vote ruined the weather too.

That's nor Brexit.
That's man-made Climate Change.
😎

Which man, point him out to me.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th February 2023, 11:14 AM

Which man, point him out to me.

He started it....

Laughable, the Brexiteers blaming the food shortages on bad weather in Spain and Morocco, when the UK is the only European country to experience them! (Sorry to say the UK is a European country, Billy, I realise that upsets you. I'm speaking geographically)