HOW MUCH !!!!? Page 8

Quote: DaButt @ 13th March 2019, 11:15 AM

One thing to note: Microsoft ended support for Office 2007 in 2012, so security updates will not be forthcoming. It would be wise to run a robust antivirus/anti-malware solution, since any vulnerabilities discovered by the bad guys won't be fixed by Microsoft.

No worries, everything is up-to-date and I'm running a few extras too. Very useful point to make, though.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th February 2019, 10:45 AM

Well it did't sell, so they've relisted it for.....................£10. The mind boggles.

Ah good, didn't sell, so back down to £9...................shall I bid early or snipe at the last minute?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2019, 6:46 AM

Ah good...

Hehehe...I bet your little face lit up when you saw it still there. Be honest, though, if you found this in the back of a drawer, would you not just stick it in the bin? Every time the seller touches it, it must spread all over his/her fingers. I bet they touch it every day...the ointment, I mean...and that, probably. It's so bleurgh. I wonder if it still has a strong medicinal smell to it. We should ask the seller a few questions? We could ask them what it could be used for, just to see if they come back with a warning NOT to use it. Or would they give a list of bodily parts we could spread that shit on? "Is it good for sore throats?" "I have very dry lips, would this help?" That kind of thing.

Helmet rash?.................Oh sorry, of course you wouldn't know what that is and how itchy it can be. :$

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2019, 9:27 AM

Helmet rash?.................Oh sorry, of course you wouldn't know what that is and how itchy it can be. :$

Never needed one, always been very confident on my bike, thank you very much.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 14th March 2019, 9:30 AM

Never needed one, always been very confident on my bike, thank you very much.

No you see I meant jocularly the man's............er.............er..............oh don't make me spell it out. Rolling eyes

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2019, 10:05 AM

No you see I meant jocularly the man's............er.............er..............oh don't make me spell it out. Rolling eyes

Not sure I see the jocularity in having an itchy head due to a helmet rash. You've totally lost me, here. Maybe store your helmet more carefully...could be an infestation of bugs, resulting from a damp environment. I really don't know how to help you any further, Mr Thynne. Now, go out, would you.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 14th March 2019, 10:31 AM

Not sure I see the jocularity in having an itchy head due to a helmet rash. You've totally lost me, here. Maybe store your helmet more carefully...could be an infestation of bugs, resulting from a damp environment. I really don't know how to help you any further, Mr Thynne. Now, go out, would you.

:(

Did you see about that advance promtional copy of the Beatles Love me do which was donated to a charity shop? The last I saw it was going for 8,800 quid.

>_< Handed in with some other vinyl in a bag by an untraceable woman who it is reckoned didn't know it was in there.

Finished tonight and fetched £9,400

"Mum, I can't find my Beatles demo record................."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-BEATLES-039-Love-Me-Do-039-7-Inch-DEMO-PROMO-039-McArtney-039-Spelling-Parlo-Rim-M24-/382819865902?hash=item5921d7952e%3Ag%3AT9gAAOSw2hhcfE8O&nma=true&si=R%252BLpkuiJ3QuNEDDb1CtjqMISqlc%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I hope the buyer is honest because, if he isn't, it would very easy to pay via PayPal and then, when the record arrives, to sign for the package (unopened, of course) and then claim the seller sent him the wrong record.

PayPal would then reclaim the money from the seller and refund the full amount to the buyer who then has the record for absolutely nothing.

Selling anything of value on eBay and/or via PayPal is extremely hazardous unless you can prove that the buyer received your goods - and in the same condition in which they left you.

You're a cheerful soul ;) ; but yes, and I think this was exacerbated by when eBay slanted the whole system towards the buyer. The whole shebang is not the fun it used to be - they still go on about their community spirit but that's a load of bollocks.

My kids tell me off when I call music tracks 'records'. I always used to call any music track a record...when listening to the charts on the radio, back then. I'd say, "I love this record!" even if though I didn't even own the actual vinyl record.

It's a recording. They're all recordings. They record the tracks. I'm not giving in.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2019, 7:16 AM

You're a cheerful soul ;) ; but yes, and I think this was exacerbated by when eBay slanted the whole system towards the buyer. The whole shebang is not the fun it used to be - they still go on about their community spirit but that's a load of bollocks.

:)

That would never have occurred to me!

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 15th March 2019, 10:07 AM

My kids tell me off when I call music tracks 'records'. I always used to call any music track a record...when listening to the charts on the radio, back then. I'd say, "I love this record!" even if though I didn't even own the actual vinyl record.

It's a recording. They're all recordings. They record the tracks. I'm not giving in.

Of course they're records. If you don't have a physical copy of a piece of music then you don't own it.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 15th March 2019, 10:07 AM

And also, of course, they're LPs, not albums, and groups, not bands.