HOW MUCH !!!!? Page 15

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th March 2023, 7:38 AM

Does anyone write to anyone anymore though?
When was the last time you actually licked a stamp to put on a letter (I know, they are pre-gummed but you get the meaning)
All I can think of is birthday cards.

I use Funky Pigeon or Moon Pig 😆

Whenever I need a watch battery I always go to a branch of Timpson's, as I understand that James Timpson started the business up to specifically employ ex-cons, and in the past it has worked well for me, BUT.................

Yesterday, I went into one instore at Sainsburys and was charged £14.95 for fitted battery with one year guarantee, or I could have had a lifetime guarantee (and who of us has ever claimed on one of them!!) for £16.95.

Can't resist muttering "Daylight Robbery!"

Cheaper to just buy a new watch

But I like my watch................. sob 😥 Mickey's hands go round and round to tell me the time, and his happy face cheers me up

My daughter and her mate banged in for Eurovision tickets and actually got through. They had sold out of Saturday Friday and Thursday but she was offered a pair of tickets for Wednesday for £480 . This is a two hour practice session not even part of the main show.
The show tickets are being officially sold by Ticketmaster who operate a 'Surge' system like Uber so they can ask what they want.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 7th March 2023, 2:54 PM

My daughter and her mate banged in for Eurovision tickets and actually got through. They had sold out of Saturday Friday and Thursday but she was offered a pair of tickets for Wednesday for £480 . This is a two hour practice session not even part of the main show.
The show tickets are being officially sold by Ticketmaster who operate a 'Surge' system like Uber so they can ask what they want.

Hopefully they didn't buy them.

I'm not interested but I checked and true to form those criminals at Viagogo come up first. I thought they were being investigated for criminal practices.

What I don't understand is why the venues (whoever/whatever) do not sell them to their punters directly. Why do money grabbing agencies (legal or not) be allowed to get involved, as they are obviously going to slap a premium on the ticket.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th March 2023, 4:52 PM

What I don't understand is why the venues (whoever/whatever) do not sell them to their punters directly. Why do money grabbing agencies (legal or not) be allowed to get involved, as they are obviously going to slap a premium on the ticket.

Even if you go direct they put a booking fee on. Why isn't that already in the price?

I had a 50p voucher for use in Waitrose off their 320gram bag of carrot, broccoli & fine green beans (normal price £2.10) so thought I would dig out my bus pass, pop along to my nearest branch and make use of the coupon. When I got there they had reduced the price to £1.75 because the "use-by" date was today (which didn't matter as I plan to use them tonight & tomorrow) so got 50p off the reduced price instead.

I decided, while I was there, I'd take advantage of the free coffee they offer their card holders who make a purchase. I thought it would be nice to have some biscuits to go with my coffee. Didn't want to spend too much as that would negate the 50p coupon that was the sole reason for my visit. Looked at their biscuit shelf and found that their stock of 150 gram packets of custard creams were on special offer at just 30p (I only had three this morning I hasten to add; brought the rest home for future indulgence).

So... a return 5 mile bus ride, a 320gram pack of mixed veg (normal price £2.10), a 150gram pack of custard creams and a latté - total cost £1.55. How much!!!!?

You certainly know how to live the high life - I dream of luxuries like that 🙄

Looking at the CEX website yesterday and noticed my local store has a few titles in stock I've been hankering for so did some splurging.

Frankie Boyle Live - £1

The IT Crowd 'The Internet Is Coming' - £5. I've seen the episode loads of times and after while watching it I got buyers remorse. It's funny but wasn't worth spending £5 on although I like the main menu screen 'Shellfish Tycoon' because my favourite scene is Game Board. No extras on the disk apart from commentary.

I, Claudius - £5. Five disk boxset in perfect condition which is a lot cheaper than Amazon. I've never seen it before and might watch it in reverse starting with the last episode and working backwards. It will be like watching it in continuous flashback.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 18th July 2023, 9:12 AM

I, Claudius - £5. Five disk boxset in perfect condition which is a lot cheaper than Amazon. I've never seen it before and might watch it in reverse starting with the last episode and working backwards. It will be like watching it in continuous flashback.

Some great acting, but you'll be surprised how crap it looks.

I went to a hand-car-wash yesterday. By that I mean, you stay in the car and they wash it for you.
I was beckoned into bay 1 where he used a high pressure gun to soap it all over.
Then bay 2 where 4 people sponged the entire car and another detailed the wheels.
Bay 3 a bloke washed it off
Bay 4 2, Chamoised it dry.
£6.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2023, 10:50 AM

I went to a hand wash yesterday. By that I mean, you stay in the car and they wash you.

Still having trouble with that basin in the bathroom, then?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 18th July 2023, 9:12 AM

Frankie Boyle Live - £1

Frankie say No ! Bargain.

I remember when it was a pound a pint on Blackpool pier and a free bottle of sparkling wine if you gave the DJ your bra, which hung above his booth. I gave him my undies and didn't even get a packet of peanuts. Sexism !