HOW MUCH !!!!? Page 12

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th March 2022, 2:04 PM

Prices at Cheltenham this week:

Pint of Guinness £7
Gin & Tonic £14
Portion of "fries" £9
Hot Dog (basic) £10

And a copy of the Racing Post increased by 7.7% from £3.90 per day to £4.20 per day

F**kin Nora

I know it's the Sport of Kings but that's mental

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th March 2022, 10:20 PM

F**kin Nora

I hate to think how much that costs.

I was going to post in the supermarket thread but this is a more apt place for it. Nearly everything has rocketed, but with big differences between supermarkets, leading me to believe that some are profiteering from the so called supply problems affected by Russia's war. Some everyday staples have almost doubled in price, in some shops. I think doing an online price check before you hop off to the shops is in order now. The differences between shops is pretty staggering. Sorry Morrisons but you can f**k off for the time being, I'll be shopping elsewhere.

[quote name="Alfred J Kipper" post="1248375" date="20th March 2022, 10:32 AM"...................staples have almost doubled in price.................. [/quote]

That's odd, as I don't think paper clips have - have you thought of using them instead?

Cheap joke. :)

Quote: psmith @ 20th March 2022, 7:03 PM

Cheap joke. :)

What else do you expect?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th March 2022, 10:32 PM

I hate to think how much that costs.

Well with anyone called Nora I expect you'll still be charged in pounds shillings and pence.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th March 2022, 8:53 PM

Well with anyone called Nora I expect you'll still be charged in pounds shillings and pence.

Don't let John Lydon hear you say that.

My nephew, his wife and their two kids are off to the Isle of Wight for their hols in a couple of weeks. I thought I might join them for a few days to re-kindle childhood memories of many years ago of the likes of Godshill, Blackgang Chine and Carisbrooke Castle.

Booked a B&B. £50 per night. Very reasonable.

Went to book the car ferry. £179 return (for a 45 minute each way crossing). How much!!!!?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd August 2022, 6:45 PM

My nephew, his wife and their two kids are off to the Isle of Wight for their hols in a couple of weeks. I thought I might join them for a few days to re-kindle childhood memories of many years ago of the likes of Godshill, Blackgang Chine and Carisbrooke Castle.

Booked a B&B. £50 per night. Very reasonable.

Went to book the car ferry. £179 return (for a 45 minute each way crossing). How much!!!!?

I suppose you could try driving there.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd August 2022, 6:45 PM

My nephew, his wife and their two kids are off to the Isle of Wight for their hols in a couple of weeks. I thought I might join them for a few days

I'm off the the Highlands.

The summer ferry from Oban to Craignure on the Isle of Mull completes the 12-mile journey in about 45 minutes.
Any car or 4x4: £29.40 return
Driver/passenger: £7.80 return
It's as cheap as chips as Mister Dickinson would say or, as they say in Scotland, as economical as 'aggis.

I've been to Oban

Very nice part of the world

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th August 2022, 6:59 PM

I've been to Oban

Very nice part of the world

Haha, yes, very funny!

But, in all seriousness, where's that fiver you owe me?

Having searched specifically for this thread, we seem to have three threads all with the same title (albeit with different punctuation marks at the end), all of which have had posts within the past 18 months.

Anyway to get to the point...

My Sky TV contract expired last October. As always I had to go through the charade of phoning up and pretending that I wanted to leave in order for them then to offer me a reduced monthly rate. I agreed the reduced rate and accepted an 18 month contract. Now Sky have emailed me to tell me my monthly bill will be increasing by £4 rom 1 April.

What's the point of going all through that rigmarole to agree a reduced monthly subscription if they are going to increase the amount anyway when they feel like it?

Huge price increases = Benefits of Brexit