The IT Crowd

WOW! I'm really pleased the 2nd series is being broadcast in Jan! I loved the 1st one, it was so daft but rang very true.
My hubby works in IT, so I disagree about IT blokes not being attractive, but I did laugh my head off! Laughing out loud

Yeah, this got some stick, but personally I loved it; very funny and warm.

i hv a soft spot for this. no real laughs-out-loud but i think you're right about the warmth. it's not trying too hard to be cool, and it does well out of that. when morris is in it he reminds of ted maul, which can only be a good thing.

i thought it was terrible comedy took a huge step backwards i know that the writer and producer wanted to do this and make it an obvious studio comedy with out any dark bits but did he have to be that obvious 'oh the guy in glasses is a nerd' please, bad stock lines and stock humour

Hasn't Graham Linehan admitted that the 1st series wasn't quite on the mark. Hopefully he will rectify things and the 2nd series will bring a big improvement.

Errr

I found bits of this show very funny (the new emergency phone no. for one) while other bits dragged. A bit hit and miss, but I'll be looking forward to the second series because you can usually rely on Graham Linehan to get it right.

Perhaps it was trying to be ironic, but I didn't much like it. I agre with dyingtolive, it was a bit obvious for my likings. All the same I didn't see a huge amount of it, so maybe I'll change my mind when the new series comes out!

Really under rated sitcom I think. Graham's already said that the second series will be better, so here's hoping he's right.

This was another one of those sitcoms that was rubbished from the off but I have it down as one of the highlights of the year, I could feel the father Ted roots and I think it helped if you have geekish tendency (who hasn’t look at a printed circuit board and laughed at it’s design. No…. just me then)

I can’t make my mind up about Richard Ayoade (that voice) but this roll seems to have been made for him.

Shame there no Christmas episode, I don’t think there anything good on this year

Quote: Britcom Barry @ November 28, 2006, 8:57 PM

Shame there no Christmas episode, I don’t think there anything good on this year

the thick of it

I loved the IT Crowd!!

It was almost following the same approach as some of Steve Coogan/Peter Kay's stuff (IMO) , almost not funny, making it really funny in a weird kind of way (does that make any sense?)

Yes, it had the cheap eggshell feel to it, but it worked for me, who knows if it was deliberate or not?

I liked this also.

Wasn't top drawer but there was enough to make we watch every week and I would have faith in Mr L being able to up the game in series 2

It just didn't really make me laugh. I think comedy has moved on a bit and developed and it seems to be at least ten years out of date.

Quote: kate Campbell @ December 8, 2006, 11:46 AM

It just didn't really make me laugh. I think comedy has moved on a bit and developed and it seems to be at least ten years out of date.

i agree with that and a lot of the other criticism of it, but somehow still like it! i really can't put my finger on it. i had a similar thing with Nathan Barley and a guy on BBC Collective rlly cussed me for not being able to explain myself, but there you go. Sometimes you just like stuff because you like it i guess.

So when IS the 2nd series due on the screens ...