The IT Crowd Page 2

This news pleases me. I liked S1, though it was a bit of a grower (a very odd thing for a sitcom, IMO). On first watch, I have to say I laughed more at Meet the Magoons. No, really.

I only laughed out loud at the Maurice Moss character ("Go away mum, you're making it go back iiiiiiiiin"), though I can see what a previous poster said about his voice - pretty sure he didn't talk that way in Nathan Barley.

The shouty Irish bloke grated a little, for my money. Also found the timing and use of the Richmond character a little strange, like they were trying stuff out towards the end of the series for potential inclusion in S2.

All in all, looking forward to the new series. I've high hopes.

Quote: Vulnax @ July 11, 2007, 10:53 PM

So when IS the 2nd series due on the screens ...

Hi Vulnax. We don't have a definite date yet but the new series is now almost certainly to be broadcast this autumn or winter. We'll know for sure shortly as Channel 4 will be revealing their autumn schedule soon.

p.s. A welcome to Aljado too - love the avatar. Very under-rated show that!

[off topic]

Thanks Mark - this is a very convivial forum.

Monkey Dust has proven scarily prophetic - remember the Brummie Bombers? Pretty sure we won't see reruns of what, you rightly say, was an underrated show.

[/off topic]

i thought season 1 of the IT crowd was brilliant and i can;'t wait for season 2

Series 2 of the IT Crowd was moved to make way for 22 (f**kin' Jesus) episodes of Ugly Betty.

When he'd calmed down, my guess is Linehan didn't want it put out after Betty (ie Summer), but wanted it to go out when people would actually be in the house to watch it.

Have to agree with Matt Stott on this one – thought the IT Crowd was very good and very warm. I was really looking forward to series two before it was displaced by three months of Yank polyfilla.

I read something in NME sayign how Mr. Ayoade directed the new Artic Monkeys video :| so *thats* what he's been busy with

I liked the first series overall. Though episode one was, in my opinion, very lackluster. It made up for it with episode two though. If the first two episodes were not shown back-to-back i'd probably have not continued to watch. Can't wait for the second series, i've been waiting since the start of the year to be advertised, never mind shown.

When this was first shown, I thought it was pretty poor, still continued to watch though :P

Been watching the repeats on More4 and I'm loving it. If you take it for what it is and don't take it too seriously, it's hillarious.

I can't wait for the new series.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 12, 2007, 4:00 PM

I was really looking forward to series two before it was displaced by three months of Yank polyfilla.

y'know it's not that "yank" really. I think I posted about it before: it's like watching a Mexican novela but in English. The whole apples and oranges bit. Though I am waiting for more IT Crowd - the first season had potential and I HOPE that it's executed better. And maybe do away with the irritating laugh track.

Unlikely. The "irritating laugh track" is a real studio audience, and they've recorded the second series in front of an audience too.

Quote: Aaron @ July 18, 2007, 2:21 PM

Unlikely. The "irritating laugh track" is a real studio audience, and they've recorded the second series in front of an audience too.

A "live" studio audience?

No a dead one Rolling eyes

Not all shows use canned laughter.

I don't see the big deal about a studio audience.

League of Gentlemen, Alan Partridge, Red Dwarf, Porridge, Blackadder, etc, were all filmed in front of a studio audience. I don't think any of us would enjoy those shows more if there was no laughter track.

This is aside from the boost given to the performers by seeing a reaction to their efforts.

The current fashion to do without a laughter track certainly benefits recent shows like Gavin & Stacey and series 2 of Nighty, Night, where the laughs are so widely spaced, the silence of the audience would be embarrassing.

The Good life has really long pauses without laughter.