The IT Crowd Page 4

Yeah - it's a bit difficult trying to hang on but I'm getting there.

I saw a recording for series 2 at the end of March so they've taken their time. Its one where Moss is preparing to go on Dragons Den with a new invention. Thats all I should give away.

Its certainly going away from any IT dept related stories. But it was quite funny in parts, recordings usually are funnier than tv tho so I hope it translates.

Its funny because Lineham actually came out and asked us if certain jokes were too strong or not. All those experts and he asks us. I bet you I'm not on the credits... still going on the CV though!

Yeah, 'cos "experts" are always correct, aren't they? ;)

Quote: Aaron @ August 6, 2007, 8:30 PM

Yeah, 'cos "experts" are always correct, aren't they? ;)

You would think they might be more experienced of what works on TV than a bunch of drunk students and some people who thought they were watching the Weakest Link.

Yeah, but that would be most sensible state of affairs, so obviously it's not reality!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the new series starts on Friday 24th at 9.30.

SITCOM: The IT Crowd
Channel: Channel 4 4
Date: Friday 24th August 2007
Time: 21:30 to 22:00 (starting in 9 days)
Duration: 30 minutes.
The Work Outing. Series 2, episode 1.
The BAFTA-nominated comedy, written and directed by Graham Linehan (Father Ted, Black Books) and produced by Ash Atalla (The Office, Man Stroke Woman), returns for a second series. When the dashing Philip (Jamie Michie) from the sixth floor pops in to ask Jen (Katherine Parkinson) to the theatre, she accepts right away. But, to her annoyance, so do Moss (Richard Ayoade) and Roy (Chris O'Dowd), turning what could have been a date into a work outing. As the evening spirals towards disaster, she wonders whether Philip is everything he claims to be….

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=105344

Aha, no, don't think it had. Thanks! :)

How do you pronounce it, is it:

The it Crowd
or is it:
The I T Crowd?

I pronounce it, The It Crowd.

But I think it's The I.T Crowd.

Or could it be (gasp!) a play on words?

:)

Well duh.

Personally, I think that they're interchangable (tend to go for 'it' though - 'cos it's easier, and I'm a lazy bastard).

The continuity announcer on More4/Channel 4 calls it, The I.T Crowd, I'm sure?

Yeah, but they make up their own pronounciations. I have a feeling Graham Linehan may have referred to it at the recording I went to as 'it' though, if that helps any.

Quote: Aaron @ August 16, 2007, 3:01 PM

Yeah, but they make up their own pronounciations. I have a feeling Graham Linehan may have referred to it at the recording I went to as 'it' though, if that helps any.

Not really cos everyone at my recording called it the I.T crowd :D

BTW I bet my recording could beat up your recording!

Who was the warmup act?