British Comedy Quiz Page 16

Quote: Niki Walton @ 14th September 2022, 6:45 PM

I got 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14 correct - all were answers I knew, no luck with guesses this time.

Thank you ?

Quote: a plate @ 14th September 2022, 8:24 PM

I think it's my best result yet on the main questions, 7/10 and 1/5 for me. 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10. And 11.
Annoyed I got the Taskmaster question wrong, I've seen it enough times, but I rushed it!

Thank you, and tut tut, you shouldn't get so excited. ?

5/15 but all guesses except Phil Cool.
I'm writing one:
Which comedy team was behind Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Monty Python's Big Red Book and Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl?
How many Bottom live shows were there before Bottom 4?
Which comedian presented Jack Dee's Saturday Night?
Which popular duo were seen in The Morecambe and Wise Show?
Which name was shared by each of The Two Ronnies?
Which standup comedian had a biography called 'Joe Brand: My autobiography?
Cryptic Question
Which American stand-up's real name was Bill Hicks?

12. No.s 5, 8, 14 wrong if it helps. I think it possibly may help knowing what your comedy preferences are as some of us do, for the high scores - In discounting some of the more unHerc answer options, but it's just a seed of a theory, no more. Haven't studied it, maybe someone will. Evening.

Now had a look, and no I don't see anything in that, all credible answers, unlike mine. ? I just must be getting older. ? Oops.

My results for Quiz 221, probably my best yet:

"You scored 8/10
Brilliant! You really know your stuff!
Plus you got 2/5 on the bonus questions"

Ones I got correct: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10. Then 12 and 13.
Quite chuffed with that! No shame in getting the one wrong about 'which of these people was born first', I should think that's gonna be a guess for most people!

5/10.
No2 was a guess I don't remember it at all.

I knew 1, 4 & 5.

#2 I'd never heard of, #3 I didn't understand the question, #6 I'd only heard of one of the alternatives, #7 no idea, #8 never watched, #9 not heard of any of them, #10 I didn't know.

The quizmaster might want to check the order of one of the sets of initials.

5/10 2/5

No 8 I knew!!! It's the exact question I'd set only last week in my Quiz No. 25 (which might appear this time next year!) - AND mine was easier as I was not so specific.

I'm finding these quite hard as they are about shows I've never watched,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(note to self, make your quizzes harder!!)

6 & 2.
Hard this week.

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st September 2022, 9:00 AM

The quizmaster might want to check the order of one of the sets of initials.

Well no wonder I didn't understand the question!

I knew three of the initials, but couldn't work out the fourth!
Thought it must have been cast member I didn't remember.

9/10 and 2/5 for me, the one I got wrong in the first part was Q9, not really being a podcast person. Got 11 & 12 from the second part correct.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any interesting other-correct answers for Q14 - I was thinking along the lines of which have had feature film spinoffs. In the end I went for the one I'd not really heard of before.

There's one other I can think of.
And it gives you the same answer!
So no extra points for me.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 21st September 2022, 12:57 PM

9/10 and 2/5 for me, the one I got wrong in the first part was Q9, not really being a podcast person. Got 11 & 12 from the second part correct.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any interesting other-correct answers for Q14 - I was thinking along the lines of which have had feature film spinoffs. In the end I went for the one I'd not really heard of before.

You did very well! And yes, I thought 14 might have been spin-offs...........got it wrong anyway. And have never looked in (?) on a podcast.

Just completed the Fast Show quiz - 100%, first time I think I've got all the questions from someone else's quiz correct. Nice one Herc!