British Comedy Quiz Page 21

4. I only actually knew no2.

" the Brough Superior is almost in that class - motorbikes that not only have "Rolls Royce" build quality, but have also become bikes that are spoken of in hushed tones."

Made famous by T E Lawrence of course.I think he had eight altogether.Unfortunately died on one.

Quiz 227: Another fiendishly difficult one, but I wasn't so lucky with the guesses as last week.
3/10 and 2/5
Correct answers: 1, 2, 6, 12, 15.

HA! ?

3/10 and 2/5

And yes, bloody hard - quite a few there I'd never heard of!!

1, 4, 7, 13 & 15 - mostly educated guesses

6/10 and 3/5 which I was very pleased with as several were complete guesses, and I also managed to talk myself out of a couple of correct answers again.

Got 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14 correct. And also a real sense of feeling my age ?

Number one I knew(!) Number 5 I had a feeling I knew - and I did. I don't know how; I must have read it somewhere. Number 7 was a (very) educated guess given the title of the programme and number 9 was an educated guess based on the information with which I was provided.

So 4/10. Per the declared goal at the top of the quiz page, that proves I'm not daft. (Just.)

I scored 7 out of 10 today.

A measly 14. Must try harder.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd November 2022, 11:18 PM

A measly 14. Must try harder.

Blimey! What one did you get wrong though?

Quote: a plate @ 4th November 2022, 7:32 PM

Blimey! What one did you get wrong though?

Sally's business in Coupling. I'd actually initially selected the right one then doubted myself. 'Tis always the way.

8/10 on this week's Dad's Army quiz. Problems with numbers 1 & 10.

I have to admit I involuntarily glanced at my display model of Hodges' van before answering number 10 so got it right. But some may suggest that that was cheating so I'm not counting that.

As far as number one is concerned, I don't recall ever hearing that. Thorley Walters & Jon Pertwee are the two names that sprung immediately to my mind.

Lovely Dad's Army quiz! Did pretty well with 8/10 and 4/5 correct. Got 1, 10, 12 wrong.

I guess there's plenty of mileage in Dad's Army for an array of themed quizzes (not that I want to give anyone ideas, please leave us a few Dad's Army items for our non-themed quizzes!) - I guess the relaxed approach they appeared to take to continuity regarding background characters adds to the fun ?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th November 2022, 10:38 AM

As far as number one is concerned, I don't recall ever hearing that. Thorley Walters & Jon Pertwee are the two names that sprung immediately to my mind.

Well done on the 8 ?

Depends on where you look, as I grant you it has been disputed by some, and I don't remember where my source came from, but it is confirmed, as far as I'm concerned here on the IMDb :- https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0522884/trivia

Quote: Niki Walton @ 9th November 2022, 12:54 PM

Lovely Dad's Army quiz! Did pretty well with 8/10 and 4/5 correct. Got 1, 10, 12 wrong.

I guess there's plenty of mileage in Dad's Army for an array of themed quizzes (not that I want to give anyone ideas, please leave us a few Dad's Army items for our non-themed quizzes!) - I guess the relaxed approach they appeared to take to continuity regarding background characters adds to the fun ?

Well done!

As far as any other Dad's Army quizzes are concerned, Mark will tell you that the subject is closed, (including I believe single questions) as I have another one in the pipe line for DAD'S ARMY 3 - 12th March (2023) 1971 premiere OR cinema release 19th March 1971 (2023)

Same goes for Hancock next year birthday 12th May
Monty Python start of series 5th October or/and finish 5th December
Steptoe start 5th January (next year)
Have also been given the nod by Mark to do one on Leonard Rossiter.

And I only mention all those so you don't waste your time researching those subjects and submitting individual questions. ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th November 2022, 3:31 PM

Hancock next year birthday 12th May
Monty Python start of series 5th October or/and finish 5th December
Steptoe start 5th January (next year)
Have also been given the nod by Mark to do one on Leonard Rossiter.

And I only mention all those so you don't waste your time researching those subjects and submitting individual questions. ?

I thought up a good Steptoe question recently so I'll treat it as revision for your quiz and hope to see it there ?

Quote: Niki Walton @ 9th November 2022, 4:51 PM

I thought up a good Steptoe question recently so I'll treat it as revision for your quiz and hope to see it there ?

Maybe, maybe, there's lots of scope, and if it isn't, you've got one ready to offer up ?

Dismal 4.
I used to watch it of course but mainly for the Mainwaring/Wilson scenes.
Thanks.