British Comedy Quiz Page 20

correct answers for 1,4,8,9.
Bad guesses for the rest.
Thanks.

7 out of 10. Not so bad.

Quote: a plate @ 19th October 2022, 3:01 AM

Quiz 225, questions by Hercules.
7/10 and 2/5 for me, probably my best result from one of your quizzes, Hercules! Liked the question about the first series of Men Behaving Badly with Harry Enfield - I had that on video so I remember it quite well, though I don't think it was repeated much (whereas the Neil Morrissey ones are/were).

And I love that episode of OFAH with Rodney's band! What do they think they're doing, they're on Top of the Pops!

I got: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11 and 15.

Thank you ? - I do try and make the mix old & new, hard & easy, across all media types, and glad to see you got No. 15, as Mark didn't think anyone would get that one.

Quote: WasMrApollo @ 19th October 2022, 6:18 AM

correct answers for 1,4,8,9.
Bad guesses for the rest.
Thanks.

You're welcome ?

Quote: Lost Boys @ 19th October 2022, 7:08 AM

7 out of 10. Not so bad.

VG Tick Silver Star ?

7/10 and 4/5 for me, lots of answers I knew straight away, a few I worked out after a long think, would've been 5/5 but I talked myself out of the correct answer for the final question. Thanks Herc, that was a good one :)

8/10 if you include an educated guess for #6. Although I don't know the programme, it seemed the most likely answer. No idea about numbers 5 & 10. Otherwise all serene.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 19th October 2022, 10:37 AM

7/10 and 4/5 for me, lots of answers I knew straight away, a few I worked out after a long think, would've been 5/5 but I talked myself out of the correct answer for the final question. Thanks Herc, that was a good one :)

Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd be interested to know which of the 10 you didn't get, for future reference. Oh and, VG Silver Star too. ?

And yes, I think we've gone past spoiler alert for Quiz 224, which I would have got 10/10 if I hadn't miscalculated "In what year was Thora Hird born?" I was convinced she was in her late teens (or there abouts) when she appeared in one of my all time favourite films "Went the Day Well? (1942), which meant she was born in about 1921...........so that was wrong! Grrrrr!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th October 2022, 10:51 AM

8/10 if you include an educated guess for #6. Although I don't know the programme, it seemed the most likely answer. No idea about numbers 5 & 10. Otherwise all serene.

Silver Star too, and added bonus of a voucher for the tuck shop. ?

Yes, I'm getting the impression that not many doing my quizzes watched Still Game

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th October 2022, 11:12 AM

Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd be interested to know which of the 10 you didn't get, for future reference. Oh and, VG Silver Star too. ?

Yes, I'm getting the impression that not many doing my quizzes watched Still Game

I got nos. 5, 8, 10, 15 wrong. 5 was a complete guess, 8 I thought I had a vague idea, 10 was a guess as I've not watched the programme.

Also I'm sure you're aware of how timely Q2 is ahead of this Saturday ??

Quote: Niki Walton @ 19th October 2022, 12:56 PM

I got nos. 5, 8, 10, 15 wrong. 5 was a complete guess, 8 I thought I had a vague idea, 10 was a guess as I've not watched the programme.

Also I'm sure you're aware of how timely Q2 is ahead of this Saturday ??

Yeah, well 5 was just appeared with little fanfare, and would have been easy to miss - I suppose you could call it experimental comedy ?

8 I thought was an easy one - I won't elaborate!

10 again I think I'm the only person on this forum to have watched all the series of Still Game. ?

And 15 you would either instantly know it, or have no idea.

Lovely feedback, thank you, Niki ?

Oh, and Q2 this Saturday? I'm being a bit thick here and you'll have to run that by me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th October 2022, 3:22 PM

Oh, and Q2 this Saturday? I'm being a bit thick here and you'll have to run that by me.

Not at all, I think we just dance in different dancehalls, metaphorically speaking. You may have seen elsewhere on this site that Jayde Adams is one of this year's competitors on Strictly Come Dancing. This coming Saturday (22 October) all the dances are to BBC-related music in celebration of the BBC's centenary (whether this is a brilliant or terrible idea I'm not sure) and Jayde & celebrity partner Karen Hauer are dancing the Charleston to The Ballad of Barry and Freda.

Oh............I didn't know that, and I don't watch Strictly anymore.

Just did quiz 226. Bloody difficult, but I fluked 6/10 and 2/5.
I got 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, and 14 correct.

Thing is, I only actually knew question 2 for definite!!! A couple of the others I got right were educated guesses.
But otherwise - random guesses! But they all count! Billy Bunter loves that sort of thing! ?

Quote: a plate @ 26th October 2022, 1:32 AM

Billy Bunter loves that sort of thing! ?

Just numbers 2 & 8 for me this week.

I tried random guesses for the eight I didn't know in order to get my entry past the censors, so to speak. Didn't get any of my random guesses right. Clearly random guessing is not my strong suit.

4/10 & 3/5 (the harder ones apparently!)

2 and 8, I definitely knew (what makes you think me and Bunter are of a similar age)

5 I have a vague recollection of seeing it, and the rest were educated guesses, especially one where I went for the bleedin' obvious and it was correct!! Naughty Mark putting in questions with a double red herring!

Otherwise half of them I'd never heard of - "Sorry, we never make it easy!" - that's a slight understatement!!

I enjoyed that, though I only got 5/10 and 2/5. Another broad mix of questions I easily knew the answers to, educated guesses, and complete and utter guesses.

Got 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 11, 14 correct. Special appreciative shoutout for Q15, especially as I decided not to watch the BBC4 screening of The Thick Of It last night for fear it would look rather quaint and gentle given current events ?

And now it can be told, without fear of spoilers ?..................(Q15 in my quiz No. 225)

Like the legendary Vincent Black Shadow, which can fetch anything up to and above £100K, the Brough Superior is almost in that class - motorbikes that not only have "Rolls Royce" build quality, but have also become bikes that are spoken of in hushed tones.

And so it was that the actual Brough Superior, used in Dad's Army and George and Mildred, came up for auction in 2019 and sold for £70K +, where celebrity status clearly pushed up the bidding.