British Comedy Quiz Page 19

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th October 2022, 7:32 AM

Loved the Reg Varney question,
?

Little bit of trivia that had stuck in my head from somewhere - ain't the brain wonderful. ?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th October 2022, 8:52 AM

Get back in that bus! Waaaaaaaaah.

... and, of course, Ernie Wise was the first person to make a (civilian) mobile phone call in the UK:

I'd long thought the Reg Varney demo was the result of a massive corporate campaign to illustrate that this new technology will one day reach the masses. But apparently he was involved because he was a local customer. Imagine who else it could have been.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th October 2022, 10:54 AM

Would've been a great Steptoe episode! Harold trying (& failing) to get an ATM card but ultimately Albert is given access as the head of a longstanding successful local business :D

9/10 (!!) and 1/5 (more like it)

BUT the 5 x Hard ones were bloody hard, especially 15 - how is any oik not in showbiz or on the perimeter, supposed the know that?!??!? (mutter ,mutter)

7/10 3/5
Hauntingly similar to most of my marks at school.

7/10 (numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 & 10 - although 7 was an educated guess). Number 6 I couldn't recall; numbers 8 & 9 I didn't know.

7/10 and 2/5 for me - correct were 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 13. Quite a few guesses there though. Good range of questions, must be many years since I thought about the robot in question 4!

Quote: a plate @ 12th October 2022, 8:09 PM

Good range of questions, .......................

Yes, but did you not think No. 15 was impossible, not unless you were "in the know"?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2022, 11:14 PM

Yes, but did you not think No. 15 was impossible, not unless you were "in the know"?

It certainly seems unlikely that most people would know, but from a quick look on google, the person/link in question is mentioned in quite a few comedy related articles - so people who pay attention to that sort of thing may have remembered it or at least be able to make an educated guess...

Fair enough ?

7/10 and 2/5 for me, more than the usual number of guesses, and only two of those were correct - the logo question and Q15.

It's also been months since I got anywhere with any of the bonus cryptic questions though, and the latest is no exception I fear.

Quiz 225, questions by Hercules.
7/10 and 2/5 for me, probably my best result from one of your quizzes, Hercules! Liked the question about the first series of Men Behaving Badly with Harry Enfield - I had that on video so I remember it quite well, though I don't think it was repeated much (whereas the Neil Morrissey ones are/were).

And I love that episode of OFAH with Rodney's band! What do they think they're doing, they're on Top of the Pops!

I got: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11 and 15.