British Comedy Quiz Page 15

I made it hard even for Super Nerds and I understand Aaron sailed through it. ?

If you want to feel better about your Carry On knowledge then you can do Quiz no.11 - Their first C.O. quiz and much more accessible. That's why I ramped this one up, so it wasn't just a repeat of the same.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st September 2022, 8:45 AM

Just remembered that one of my pending quizzes has a Carry On question in it, and (phew) it's not one of yours, Alf. ?

And, mine is obtainable, not one you'd need to be a Carry On nerd to answer. ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st August 2022, 9:07 AM

Yes, effin hard.

4/10 & 2/5,- Four were ones I knew for a fact, with two educated guesses, using your naughty red herrings.

Ha ha. I used a whole trawler of 'em.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 31st August 2022, 1:27 PM

2/10 and 3/5 - I think the first time I've got more right in the extra five than the main ten. The franchise in general was rather a mixed bag and there's plenty I've not seen at all while I probably know at least half the script to a couple of the movies. Good set of Qs Mr AJK, fiendish but fun!

Thanks kindly. These single subject specials are a lot of fun to compile too. That's why me & Herc are pushing for more. ?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st August 2022, 12:00 PM

6/10 - numbers 1, 2, 4, 7 (an educated guess), 8 & 10

That's a very good score. I'd be surprised if many got no.7 right as it surprised me when I counted them, as he featured so largely in the run when he did finally enter.

Just did the latest quiz (no. 219). "We're expecting you to get at least five", it says! "Oh, are you indeed", says I!
I got 5/10 and 1/5. They were all guesses except question 1!

I did better ,6/10
I don't know why.I only knew 3 of them.
1,4 and 6

4/10 None in the bonus questions They were bloody hard!!, because most of them I'd no idea who or what, AND a children's TV question!?! Really!?!

1, 3, 4 (worked out by the clothes!) and 10

I try and make mine doable in my quizzes, but can see it's no holds barred, and may rewrite some of mine!

I'm not sure it's that as much as Mark probably having to make the 'house' quizzes more modern and diverse to compensate our own less so quiz content now we've had a few on. And this very wide ranged one did follow a closed one subject 15, which is understandable, for some balance.

4&2 but I re-answered two correct ones because I thought there'd be too many of that no.order of Qs answered to be right, eg. too many 3rd in sequence Qs, which tends to throw me off a lot. Bah.

The requisite 5/10 for me. Just.

Numbers 1, 8 & 10 I knew plus #4 because she is the only one of the options I have knowingly heard of and #6 which seemed the most likely option although I've never watched the programme. No idea on 3, 5, 7 & 9.

6 & 1
Hard last five.

6/10 and 1/5 for me, would have been 7/10 if I hadn't have had second thoughts on Q2 and changed my correct answer to a wrong one.

8/10 this week. Didn't know # 2 or 9 (never watched either). And I only got # 5 because I believe we had a similar question recently.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th September 2022, 9:49 AM

8/10 this week. Didn't know # 2 or 9 (never watched either). And I only got # 5 because I believe we had a similar question recently.

Well done! But never watched 2 or 9? Surprised, as they, especially "Absolutely", were two very funny comedy programmes (2 a sitcom 9 a sketch show) out of the Scotland stable.

10 & 3.
Gobsmacked.
Two guesses in the first 10 (though narrowed down to a couple of choices, so 50-50)
One (total) guess in the second 5.
I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Good one HGT, 7/10 and 2/5 for me. Good mix of questions there and probably the first time I've never got any of my pure guesses correct! Living and learning.

Thank you. I do try and make an interesting mix, with easy/hard.

Just for future reference, which ones did you get correct?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th September 2022, 4:44 PM

Thank you. I do try and make an interesting mix, with easy/hard.

Just for future reference, which ones did you get correct?

I got 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14 correct - all were answers I knew, no luck with guesses this time.

I think it's my best result yet on the main questions, 7/10 and 1/5 for me. 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10. And 11.
Annoyed I got the Taskmaster question wrong, I've seen it enough times, but I rushed it!