British Comedy Quiz Page 12

Quote: Aaron @ 17th August 2022, 11:44 AM

Fourteen out of fifteen for me. Need to rewatch Blott On The Landscape.

Very funny, and a shame Mark could not access a photo of Blott, which was my original question i.e. Who played Blott, of course.

VG with 14 though, Aaron. Well done!!

I presume you would have made it 15 if my original question had stood on Blott?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th August 2022, 11:37 AM

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who can tell me which ones they did or didn't get ?

Just the numbers, of course. ?

5, 6, 9, 10 & 13
Though I'm very cross about one of them, which if I had thought for a minute, I actually knew.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th August 2022, 12:30 PM

5, 6, 9, 10 & 13
Though I'm very cross about one of them, which if I had thought for a minute, I actually knew.

Very interesting date wise, so thank you for that, as it will help me with any future quizzes.

I reckon No. 10, Hattie's cuckoo clock, is the one you are cross about...............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th August 2022, 2:26 PM

Very interesting date wise, so thank you for that, as it will help me with any future quizzes.

I reckon No. 10, Hattie's cuckoo clock, is the one you are cross about...............

Correct.
I can hear her saying it now!

?

9/10. My answer to # 3 was a choice of two but of course I opted for the wrong one.

6/15 for me (4/10 and 2/5)
Correct answers: 1, 3, 4, 8, 12, 15.
Good to see a question on Back - it's a programme that people seemed to like at the time, but don't seem to talk about much. Might be worth a rewatch sometime.

5/10 For me , nevermind.

Didn't get 1,5 and 10.
Good excuse for 1 and 5 ,never watched.
BUT I should have remembered 10
V.good.Thanks.

Quote: george roper @ 18th August 2022, 1:50 AM

5/10 For me , nevermind.

George! You've resurfaced after over two years - where have you been lurking? ?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th August 2022, 6:13 PM

9/10. My answer to # 3 was a choice of two but of course I opted for the wrong one.

You're in good company, as Aaron got that one wrong even though he knew it after, and now it's a ear worm.

Quote: a plate @ 17th August 2022, 8:25 PM

6/15 for me (4/10 and 2/5)
Correct answers: 1, 3, 4, 8, 12, 15.
Good to see a question on Back - it's a programme that people seemed to like at the time, but don't seem to talk about much. Might be worth a rewatch sometime.

Yes, I like to pick up on less popular series, especially if they are ancient! ?

Quote: MrApollo @ 18th August 2022, 6:32 AM

Didn't get 1,5 and 10.
Good excuse for 1 and 5 ,never watched.
BUT I should have remembered 10
V.good.Thanks.

Thank you, and you should seek out Q.10 as it's very good.

Just sent in Quiz 20 to Mark, so we may see that this time next year.................

Got two wrong, 3 & 13. !3 was a 50-50 guess after eliminating three and got it wrong so I wouldn't be any good on WWTBAM. Should start to get a bit more time soon to compile another quiz or two, and have a special in the queue. I like these guest quizzes, they give a different flavour from each compiler which reveals their taste in comedy.

And if anyone else wants to contribute but doesn't have a full 15 Q&A sets, you can post on here a request for a double up with someone else who has a few, as I often have, or Mark's said just send them to him and he'll mix them in with their own. You can tell people afterwards which ones were yours.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st August 2022, 9:28 AM

Got two wrong, 3 & 13. !3 was a 50-50 guess after eliminating three .

Very good Alf, so what three did you eliminate, as a matter of interest to me?

Goodnight Sweetheart and Vicar of Dibley were both red herrings as they started after 1992 and I discluded Blackadder because it was still being shown a lot on the Beeb. BTW was this your original question order or did Mark tweak them?