Newsjack Series 18 Page 29

All done. Two in. Happy with my angle and content for both...only trouble is the stories may be a little old.

Who knows!

Good luck everyone. This is it.

Good luck to you all. Will attempt one liners in 3 hours time.

Submitted a sketch on 'boomerang offspring.' I also wrote one about NHS waiting times but had an 11th hour realisation that it might be an editorial no-go given someone recently died waiting in A&E. So I ended up also submitting my 'spare' sketch from last week about pollution - it's not bad but has obviously lost topicality.

Ah well - probably makes no difference anyway!

Good luck to everyone with their submissions.

Managed to submit my two sketches just in time. Did a sketch on Crufts being invaded by protesters and a sketch on ITV fixing the Read My Lips section of Saturday Night Takeaway

Like an idiot I wasted over an hour writing a Neil deGrasse Tyson sketch that wasn't going anywhere (on the story of him disproving flat Earth theories), which I really should have spent tightening up my two better sketches. But as my ITV sketch is a homage to a classic famous sketch I was worried it wouldn't be the thing.

Ah well, I did my best.

First time this series managed two sketches. First one about Jeremy Clarkson doing Who wants to be a Millionaire, which is bound to be popular, the other a rush job about Parents helping kids with homework which even I will admit is pretty lame. And that's by my standards.

Hi everyone
We sent sketches on zoo animals being given contraceptives and one about cream teas.
Good luck everyone!
:)

Mine was on Prince Charles' valet's promotion and cleaning teeth. Yes I know. It was very late on a Sunday.

Also on the devil's spawn benefit Universal Credit.

Managed to get two sketches in - The National Front rebranding & The Macron Dating agency for Elite Companies about France looking for Hot Entrepreneurs.

Weirdly I only just realised the French Connection for both.

Your faithfully
Popeye Doyle

manged one sketch on gov minister calling artists snowflakes for pressuring arts festival to drop BAE Systems as a sponsor, GLTA, eoin

emergency UKIP meeting and bus lane fines, pour moi.
i hope there are some duck breaks this week, and not just me!
bon chance

I submitted one sketch on the Science Museum installing a zombie statue to greet visitors.

Ugh you know when you have a brilliant sketch idea hours after the deadline.

Story: Neil deGrasse Tyson made a video illustrating all the evidence that proves the Earth is round

Sketch premise: Astronaut in space is about to do a moon walk, suddenly notices the Earth is flat. Tells NASA, who quietly inform her they know, it's a conspiracy and she needs to keep it under her helmet. Conspiracy is kept up by the map people. Says 'oh well at least we don't need to worry about mass flooding from climate change as all the water will roll off the side'. NASA goes all quiet, turns out that's a conspiracy as well being funded by big environment. Asks what isn't a conspiracy, moon landings? Never happened. Aliens? Are real. Elvis? Working in a burger shop in Swansea. Some funny twist ending,

I could kick myself I didn't think of this yesterday! It would have taken me ten minutes to write!!

Just found time to listen to ep 5. Good show.

Very interesting the sheer variety of topics chosen here and interesting that we often do not overlap.
Add on another 600 sketches and there will be overlaps however.

I just listened in too. Wasn't really in the mood to be honest but I did think Angela Barnes was on good form and the audience seemed really fluffed and responsive. I think i laughed most at the final round of number crunchers, and big thumbs up for the duck, Mona Lisa etc....I did cheer.

One liners all sent. Hard going this series with everything else I've had on but full quota submitted each week.

Good luck everyone. I really hope we see some first time success again this episode. A lot of deserving people here.