Newsjack Series 18 Page 32

Not long now, best of luck everyone. Really hope it works out and some people score their first credits today. Looks promising.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 15th March 2018, 3:20 PM

I did a gag about Clarkson joining who wants to be a Millionaire, but I am sure I am not the only one.

Do you recall any of the number crunchers?

Afraid not. I was attentively listening for the three I'd submitted, and only registered than none were mine.
But I remember another sketch: Mario returns to plumbing.

Aw man - cut out again. At least I made the script twice this series so I'm obviously improving.

Just need to befriend some editors!

Unlucky Thoisid but 2 birds in the bush are better than none in the hand!

No e-mail for me so sadly some other blighter had a better Hammond nightclub idea (and Clarkson Millionaire & Chinese Takeaway ideas!) Ah well, at least I was thinking on the right lines.

Nice work Thosisd!! What was it about?

Quote: Thosisd @ 15th March 2018, 6:17 PM

Aw man - cut out again. At least I made the script twice this series so I'm obviously improving.

Just need to befriend some editors!

Well done! Nothing for us. Roll on next series! :)

I'll email to ask what was cut. From the sketch recap, I'm assuming it was a one liner.

Really sorry to hear that you guys didn't make it in after it sounded likely.

Send them my.............regards

Well done Thosisd and others for having produced work deemed worthy of being performed, and congratulations to all BCG posters whose submissions were actually broadcast. My thanks to those who attended, and then took the trouble to report back from, a recording. Best wishes for the next series.

Nothing for me. Can't complain. Have written loads of stuff over the last 6 weeks I wouldn't have if this show didn't exist. Until next time!

Nothing for me this series, not even a "close but no cigar". Oh well. Series 19 isn't far away

congrats to all who tasted success, or nearly did,
and props to those who tried, failed, but tried again.

enjoy the meantime

Danno out.

Well done everyone who got the e-mails. I've drawn a blank every week. Have a rest then get ready for next series

Hi all, I have posted my Newsjack sketches and submissions on my blog at https://theradiantbarbarian.blogspot.co.uk. These were my first submissions and none were accepted (a couple got TWO LIKES on Twitter though) but I had a lot of fun doing them. Would appreciate any feedback from you like-minded funny folk.

Thanks!

Quote: Tommy G @ 16th March 2018, 8:28 AM

Hi all, I have posted my Newsjack sketches and submissions on my blog at https://theradiantbarbarian.blogspot.co.uk. These were my first submissions and none were accepted (a couple got TWO LIKES on Twitter though) but I had a lot of fun doing them. Would appreciate any feedback from you like-minded funny folk.

Thanks!

Tommy thanks for posting. I feel it could be honed down a little.
I think you captured Trump's voice.
I feel that wall and hair jokes have been done a lot so personally I think a wall or hair joke now has to be a bit different if in a sketch.
I like the Russians but thought it would be good to do more with them and it varies the two person ping pong.
There was some good stuff in there.
This series Trump has not appeared much at all. In previous series he featured a lot more.
But bear in mind I have never made it even into the script and this is my 4th or 5th series so what do I know!

The one liner I liked best was the zoo one but I think it would be funnier if honed a bit/tightened slightly.