Newsjack Series 18 Page 28

Quote: Bonzo @ 8th March 2018, 10:51 PM

Well done Eoin and Auditchris!

Ours was the Mona Lisa oneliner in the first batch of breaking news, was yours the duck sketch Eoin? If yes, it was a cracker of a sketch!

:)

Mona Lisa gag :)

yes, Duck sketch was mine though greatly reworked i think, based on listening through once. Posted the original in Critique for the hell of it. eoin

I haven't managed to listen yet, but Eoin, I read your original in the critique section - mighty fine work.

Well done others on success - Bonzo, this is becoming a little bit predictable!

Well I must admit that was quite a thrill!

Mine was the hard shoulder gag. They made one small change - 'road' became 'A66'

Comedy lesson learned - be specific. Don't say biscuit when you can say garibaldi :)

Well done to those who got something on. You are my idols.

Do people think when the sketches/gags are submitted plays any part into the selection? I.e would it be best to submit a sketch closer to the deadline or do you think it doesn't make a difference?

I'm talking about a sketch I've written for the next episode, this isn't me looking for a reason why my gags haven't been picked!

From what I understand nothing gets read before the submission deadline so it shouldn't make a difference.

Obviously, the sooner you're submitting the less topical the material will be...

Quote: Bonzo @ 8th March 2018, 10:51 PM

Well done Eoin and Auditchris!

Ours was the Mona Lisa oneliner in the first batch of breaking news, was yours the duck sketch Eoin? If yes, it was a cracker of a sketch!

:)

Bonzo, you have the Newsjack Midas touch! I also liked the Duck sketch. I was pleased with my submissions but can hear that stuff on the show had that micro edge that makes the difference between in or out. I just know I am sooo close - but soooo are all of us that are serious enough to be on this forum. It's a funny old business. OK. Nobody gives up at this stage yeah! We are goin' all out for last chance Episode 6 yeah. We literally have nothing to lose, yeah. So we are all in - or I want to see a note from your mom saying you have to be excused this week because you are a wheezy whimp with bump on your funny bone. It does not have to be big, it does not have to be clever, it just has to be funny!

I'll have a wash and blow dry and a bit off the sides please...apologies, i thought this was the last chance salon! Better make mine a double then.

Over all I thought that was a pretty good episode am a little disappointed that they basically did the Emma Watson Times Up joke twice

Last push all. Well done Bonzo and Viv.

That familiar feeling of a Sunday night.

Quote: Auditchris @ 9th March 2018, 12:22 PM

Comedy lesson learned - be specific. Don't say biscuit when you can say garibaldi :)

It's also the same in writing drama. I don't think you'd say garibaldi tin though.

just finished sketch number two (no pun intended). You can't say I haven't tried. Actually, my first idea seems pretty newsjacky, not a rat's chance, but hey. Hope all is well with my fellow players.

No inspiration until after 9 for first sketch. Then wrote second after 11pm.
Don't think topics are right for NJ but tried.

I'm sure there are a fair few Trump meets Kim sketches winging their merry way. It would be difficult to vocalise Kim without it sounding pat, I think you'd have to make him sound really off-the-wall or just stick with the whispering to his aid thing?