Newsjack Series 18 Page 25

good luck you lot.

managed one sketch on cold duck 999 call and 3 oneliners

GLTA

I read these sketch topics and google all the headlines and news I missed!

Yeah, it's amazing how often material on the show is about stories that completely passed me by - and that's after actively scouring the news waiting for inspiration to strike.

I submitted six oneliners - two I'm happy with, the rest are, you know, fine. I think half the battle is coming up with a joke no one else has - which might be why the odd groan-worthy gag makes the show as nobody else would have bothered submitting it.

Anyone planning to attend this week?

i wrote the full quota of material this week (as i try to every week). Episode 5 is traditionally the episode with the lowest submission count. Hopefully that will help my odds. (I also think I turned out a few good gags this week which may help too)

Am not convinced it increases the chances much. I think dedicated tryers will always try week 5 and they are maybe more likely to be the ones who have worked out roughly what is required for a NJ sketch. So there will still be lots of viable sketches. Still it gives one hope...

So week 5's not a good week to start?

Where do you get your info, BTF?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th March 2018, 11:15 AM

So week 5's not a good week to start?

Where do you get your info, BTF?

My imagination!
I talk a load of rubbish.
It is still a better week to start submitting than week 1 I would guess but I definitely know nothing so should shut up with my theorising.

I think fewer submissions will help for oneliners which seem to be a bit of a lottery in some respects.

But for sketches I agree that the people submitting quality material will be continuing to do so in week 5.

Spoiler alert.

Sketches I remember from last night's recording:
- Dramatic Duck Rescue
- Gross solutions to water shortage
- Speedy Sky installation
- Berlusconi committing to anti-corruption
- Anti-American Pasty federation
- Handbag Estate Agent
- Mark Carney Public Information films
- Voiceover school scam
- Accountant Clash

...that's all I can recall for now, will add more if I remember.

Well, me brief moment of confidence has proved to be misplaced. None of those sketches sound like anything I wrote. In fact they all sound far more interesting!

Nearly over.

Glad to see all nine of my sketches made it this week. Hopefully at least a handful will make the *edited* recording or I'll be writing a strongly worded letter.

Quote: Danno @ 8th March 2018, 10:58 AM

Glad to see all nine of my sketches made it this week. Hopefully at least a handful will make the live recording or I'll be writing a strongly worded letter.

That's the spirit! :)

Good luck everyone!