Newsjack Series 18 Page 31

Quote: Thosisd @ 13th March 2018, 5:21 PM

Hopefully we have some recording attendees again this week?

I'm going again! Really making the most of it now I live in London. Will probably report back the morning after.

Excellent. Look forward to hearing your report.

Morning all. Here are the sketches I recall from last night's Newsjack recording.

- Queer eye for the Front Nationale
- Wild west trade war
- Date-sabotaging Alexa
- May's soft sanctions on Russia
- Hammond in Night Club
- Corbyn seduction
- Harry Potter property tycoon
- Obama Netflix pitch
- Curbing zoo sex
- Pharma guy prison documentary

.. that's all I can remember.

There were one-liners about Chinese takeways, Clarkson Millionaire, and Mickey Mouse degrees.

Good luck, everybody! Nothing for me all this series, despite willing it from the proximity of the studio audience.

Quote: nabbit @ 15th March 2018, 6:31 AM

Morning all. Here are the sketches I recall from last night's Newsjack recording.

- Wild west trade war
- Date-sabotaging Alexa
- Hammond in Night Club
- Corbyn seduction
- Obama Netflix pitch
- Curbing zoo sex

.. that's all I can remember.

There were one-liners about Chinese takeways, Clarkson Millionaire, and Mickey Mouse degrees.

Good luck, everybody! Nothing for me all this series, despite willing it from the proximity of the studio audience.

Ooh, thanks Nabbit - we did one on curbing zoo sex! :)

on behalf of myself and the other 500 people who did a oneliner about Mickey Mouse degrees, I can confirm that we are all moderately excited.

Thanks for the report. I covered a Hipster Hotel and the Boomerang Generation (Kids moving back home) - so no luck again.

Hope you had a good time.

Quote: nabbit @ 15th March 2018, 6:31 AM

- Wild west trade war
- Date-sabotaging Alexa
- Hammond in Night Club
- Corbyn seduction
- Obama Netflix pitch
- Curbing zoo sex

The Hammond in Night Club one sounds promising. Here's hoping none of you had a similar idea!

Thank Nabbit!

Thanks for reporting back Nabbit. My hopes have been lowered appropriately!

Well, I did an Alexa one but mine was horror movie style (The Alexorcist) not date sabotaging, so that's one bit of material put out of its misery!

Fingers crossed for Jane, Viv and Stephen. Sounds promising.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 15th March 2018, 11:05 AM

Well, I did an Alexa one but mine was horror movie style (The Alexorcist) not date sabotaging, so that's one bit of material put out of its misery!

Thanks Dantrobus - but I suspect the zoo story was quite popular and could have been done by loads of writers! :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 15th March 2018, 11:35 AM

Thanks Dantrobus - but I suspect the zoo story was quite popular and could have been done by loads of writers! :)

Think sounds promising.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 15th March 2018, 11:05 AM

It might be rewritten a bit.

Quote: StephenM @ 15th March 2018, 8:29 AM

The Hammond in Night Club one sounds promising. Here's hoping none of you had a similar idea!

Thank Nabbit!

Can't be many others

I did a gag about Clarkson joining who wants to be a Millionaire, but I am sure I am not the only one.

Do you recall any of the number crunchers?

Nervous. Probably invested about 10 hours a week this series, really want some kind of win. I'd even be happy with a number cruncher!

I'd happily retire on a number cruncher! ;)

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 12th March 2018, 5:07 PM

Ugh you know when you have a brilliant sketch idea hours after the deadline.

Story: Neil deGrasse Tyson made a video illustrating all the evidence that proves the Earth is round

Sketch premise: Astronaut in space is about to do a moon walk, suddenly notices the Earth is flat. Tells NASA, who quietly inform her they know, it's a conspiracy and she needs to keep it under her helmet. Conspiracy is kept up by the map people. Says 'oh well at least we don't need to worry about mass flooding from climate change as all the water will roll off the side'. NASA goes all quiet, turns out that's a conspiracy as well being funded by big environment. Asks what isn't a conspiracy, moon landings? Never happened. Aliens? Are real. Elvis? Working in a burger shop in Swansea. Some funny twist ending,

I could kick myself I didn't think of this yesterday! It would have taken me ten minutes to write!!

I'd like to have heard this sketch, it sounds great!