comedywriter dude Page 5

If I'm honest this whole escpade has made me not-that-bothered about BCG anymore. I'm posting on page 4 of a thread created to attack another member who has just joined. The very existence of this thread is a joke when I compare it to other forums that enforce their policy of being welcoming to everyone with or without any kind of percievend disability. No disrespect to herc but he ousted Fop Doodle by being a c**t to her and seems to think he is queen bee here when he's not even a mod and would clearly burn the place down if he was made a mod. If just doesn't make sense to me that the mods do f**k all about the shit he creates. As I said though I've got more important shit to worry about so please don't think I'm going to lose sleep over it.

Quote: Davida @ 12th October 2017, 5:02 PM

I'm working 70 hours a week right now That's the main reason. I'm really not anywhere close to caught up on forum stuff lately. Just hop on for a few minutes in the early morning if I wake up in time.

I recognize that that's inconsistent of me, but that's all I can manage at the moment. I honestly read more of your posts than anyone else's not just because you post more than a lot of people, but because I find your contributions interesting (even if I don't always have anything to contribute myseslf) I' can't say I'll try to stay on top of everyone's forum etiquette from here on both because I don't have time, and because I don't think that's really what I'm meant to do. Honestly, I think the only reason I'm still a mod is because I was helping out with BCG stuff leading up to the Fringe and needed privileges to get to the pages we were working on. But if I see anything out of line by posters other than you that catch my eye I'll say something. Does that sound fair? Whatever Aaron and Mark want me to do, really.

Oh and regarding not flagging CWD in particular, when I actually saw this thread pop up and saw that he had made a bunch of other threads and started reading his posts I couldn't really be arsed to parse what he was saying, but first my first instinct was to shoot Mark a message letting him know about the situation (so in a way I did flag it, just in an informal text because I wasn't sure what to say myself), and he addressed it well enough. I think we're good now. :S

I'll buy that, and thank you for letting me know Davida - kissy kiss. :)

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th October 2017, 9:49 PM

The irony is that this multi-page thread is probably just what Comedywriter Dude wants yet it should have been locked/deleted long ago.

Gleaning what I can from what he has "writ", I don't think that for one minute that would have occurred to him.

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th October 2017, 10:02 PM

You gotta be in the clique Herc;)

Laughing out loud

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th October 2017, 11:23 PM

If I'm honest this whole escpade has made me not-that-bothered about BCG anymore. I'm posting on page 4 of a thread created to attack another member who has just joined. The very existence of this thread is a joke when I compare it to other forums that enforce their policy of being welcoming to everyone with or without any kind of percievend disability. No disrespect to herc but he ousted Fop Doodle by being a c**t to her and seems to think he is queen bee here when he's not even a mod and would clearly burn the place down if he was made a mod. If just doesn't make sense to me that the mods do f**k all about the shit he creates. As I said though I've got more important shit to worry about so please don't think I'm going to lose sleep over it.

I think Tarby that there was a combination of things going on. One of which is BCG boredom. It used to be so much busier around here and there were quite often spats and clashes. CWD was being annoying, I shouldn't have called him a twat, it wasn't a welcoming thing to do. The site is so much more 'professional' now and the likes of Aaron is busier elsewhere doing site stuff so isn't jumping on people as quickly as he used to. There is however a report post button, that I have used several times, which gets answered privately pretty quick. Mark and Aaron aren't shy from PM-ing a 'stop being a dick' message - of which I have received several, mainly deserved.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2017, 11:30 PM

I'll buy that, and thank you for letting me know Davida - kissy kiss. :)

Gleaning what I can from what he has "writ", I don't think that for one minute that would have occurred to him.

Laughing out loud

Sorry Herc but that response means you have learned nothing from this vile thread of yours. It's better for 'US' when people use the correct language but when they don't it doesn't automatically make them a dumbass which is what you're implying. He's a talanted musician who has produced his own videos and that must stand for something. Check out his youtube channel. He seems like the kind of bloke you could have a pint with as you do. Or did.

Have you got a link to his YouTube channel Tarby?

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th October 2017, 11:56 PM

Have you got a link to his YouTube channel Tarby?

I sure do.

If you want us to check out his channel fo you fancy sharing it with us?

hmmm, I don't lke the idea of my music being an influence of a rating to my comedy (surprises me very much even haters posting nice stuff)

Maybe john lennon was right, music can change the world if not a forum and bring peace,

CWD is a genius. Annoys one person and it attracts pages and pages of discussion.
This is like when I do stand-up. Obviously I want it to go well but when it doesn't I genuinely prefer open hostility to a polite titter. Good job really.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 13th October 2017, 7:45 AM

CWD is a genius. Annoys one person and it attracts pages and pages of discussion.
This is like when I do stand-up. Obviously I want it to go well but when it doesn't I genuinely prefer open hostility to a polite titter. Good job really.

Well, actually no, they are acting on their left side of their brain here (talking as a community creatively ), I was gone and dusted music seemed to have done something ( come together right now type shit). Right side of the brain is the logical what u say is i'm a logical genius which i'm not

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 13th October 2017, 7:45 AM

Open hostility , is not the right way to go u'll end up like kramer, hostility is never the way to go ever.
You are better off saying " i hear no one laughing thats why i guess is my shout for drinks for dick performance"

you are close though

in some ways you could call me a genius , pyschology wise. I'm here to help, if your act is going that bad say i'm gonna shout the hekler a drink but what you do is (mix the chemical sympathy chemical is mixing now in audience) as everyones watching yu walk off stage walk to the bar but then you execute a left creative, and say I'm gonna buy a drink to f**k it i'm here , yer buy me another = execute laugh.
then on the way back bringing the heckler the drink you drink his too then get back on stage.
mentally wise your back at zero. audience wise ( i'm sure you can all picture it and feel it i'm right, chemical mix there to help ou all out if your stuck)

so now you have counteracteracted the heckler by sympathy v's selfishness X 2, and will be respected for next joke hopefully

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th October 2017, 6:49 PM

I think people should be nice.

This is a very good point! We try and be as liberal and open to 'free speech' as possible at BCG, but yeah... key rule that!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th October 2017, 11:23 PM

If just doesn't make sense to me that the mods do f**k all about the shit he creates.

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th October 2017, 11:34 PM

Aaron is busier elsewhere doing site stuff so isn't jumping on people as quickly as he used to. There is however a report post button, that I have used several times, which gets answered privately pretty quick. Mark and Aaron aren't shy from PM-ing a 'stop being a dick' message - of which I have received several, mainly deserved.

As Will says, at the moment Aaron and I sadly don't have much time to browse the forums (we're doing other jobs, and trying to get our new People section finished... it's nearly done!). The Report button comes to us instantly though. People aren't using this right now... instead they're posting their complaint in public.

So a message to everyone: if you have a problem with someone, just hit the Report button. It doesn't tell them who reported it, and we'll look into it straight away and message the 'offender' if necessary a reminder to be nice, or clean-up the mess they have made. It also means we don't end up with public threads like this putting others off joining, as the conversations can happen behind closed doors.

Quote: comedywriter dude @ 13th October 2017, 8:26 AM

in some ways you could call me a genius

comedywriter dude - even if your humour is not to everyone's tastes, you are welcome on this site. Everyone who is trying to make the world laugh is. However, to address the points made in the thread...

a) You were posting too many new threads, and flooding some of our forum menus. This is against our rules. I think you've realised that now though.

b) Good spelling and grammar is important to help others easily read and understand what one is saying, so please do take your time writing each post. As you're an up-and-coming comedy writer I'm sure you'll be aware that scripts are instantly rejected by some production companies if they're not formatted correctly so you need to be great in this respect anyway if you want your scripts to be made.

So what if there is more than 1 heckler , you must focus on and find the alpha, i mean that is what a heckler is its an alpha male. So the same system above will shut up the rest, make sure you have zeroed in on the alpha, simple things like engage his ego i'm trying to do a comedy act here and you have a hot chick, expose the alpha, then you can
apply sympathy x 2 selfish system.
cheers
Mark

If your comedy act is going shit you must expose the alpha heckler
no.1 who's the guy shouting out with the hot chick, i can't quite see you but was told you had a hot chick and your da man
identifying the alpha heckler
then you must gain half sympathy/ not full sympahty half = so right side and left side are close enough
then hit with a selfish remark action, then hit the bastard again, you no i said i was gonna get you a drink i'm not
i could get you thrrown out but i'm not, you stnad there and watch my awsome shit

and f**kin laugh god damn it, everyone else will switch to left brain while he's in the right
he'll get thrown out without you doing anything once he gets cranky enough , or subsides and laughs at you, 2 possible outcomes
either way you win

Quote: Mark @ 13th October 2017, 8:35 AM

This is a very good point! We try and be as liberal and open to 'free speech' as possible at BCG, but yeah... key rule that!

As Will says, at the moment Aaron and I sadly don't have much time to browse the forums (we're doing other jobs, and trying to get our new People section finished... it's nearly done!). The Report button comes to us instantly though. People aren't using this right now... instead they're posting their complaint in public.

So a message to everyone: if you have a problem with someone, just hit the Report button. It doesn't tell them who reported it, and we'll look into it straight away and message the 'offender' if necessary a reminder to be nice, or clean-up the mess they have made. It also means we don't end up with public threads like this putting others off joining, as the conversations can happen behind closed doors.

comedywriter dude - even if your humour is not to everyone's tastes, you are welcome on this site. Everyone who is trying to make the world laugh is. However, to address the points made in the thread...

a) You were posting too many new threads, and flooding some of our forum menus. This is against our rules. I think you've realised that now though.

b) Good spelling and grammar is important to help others easily read and understand what one is saying, so please do take your time writing each post. As you're an up-and-coming comedy writer I'm sure you'll be aware that scripts are instantly rejected by some production companies if they're not formatted correctly so you need to be great in this respect anyway if you want your scripts to be made.

Hello Mark moderator

I havn't addressed you yet, to say thank you or not thank you would be discriminate in the context of words, I may not write grammar well but i understand it well. And I stand by my lgbt comment joke comments even if it is meant to mean a sandwhich.
As I said you never no how do you know i don't disagree with gay marriage,
but i do stand by my comments
even though i might not write grammer well, i understand it very welll.
and stand by my comments even if it was a joke towards a sandwhich

As history has slipped threw the fingers of basic education and bypassed by many students black people don't actually know how close the slavery vote was, I feel its very unerving that a black man is making a sandwhich joke about a community

thanks
Mark