comedywriter dude Page 4

They come, they go.
Up like a rocket, down like a stick.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th October 2017, 11:39 AM

Yessum. Especially when Aaron used to scour my posts at three in the morning for the merest hint of a misplaced apostrophe, bless him.

I still do it.

He can't be too big a fool. Check out his music on youtube. The Sienna You Do It So Well. I thought it was rather good.

I really don't have an issue with you Herc, just trying to be a force for peace on the forums. I'd have said roughly the same thing to anyone else if they were being disrespectful to another forum member needlessly. Not because I'm a moderator (II'm not entirely sure why I'm a mod...but I'm happy to deal with spam accounts and other tedious stuff when I have time, so don't de-mod me please Aaron! (unless you want to.)) but because I like this place and want it to be habitable to newcomers (who can spell and use proper grammar, admittedly). Nothing personal. You seem like a swell fellow all in all. Thanks for the kind comments in the past. Sorry I didn't thank you...? (Is that how politeness works these days?) I probably didn't see them.

Thanks for watching our collective grammar arses Aaron. I'm a grammar nazi sympathiser.

Quote: Davida @ 11th October 2017, 2:23 PM

I really don't have an issue with you Herc, just trying to be a force for peace on the forums.

Well that's nice to know, BUT.............................................

Quote: Davida @ 11th October 2017, 2:23 PM

I'd have said roughly the same thing to anyone else if they were being disrespectful to another forum member needlessly.

In that case, why didn't you pick up on the person who told CWD to...................
"F**k off you annoying Twat"

And even more so, why didn't you berate CWD for the two obnoxious rants he made under this thread (and basically where all this hoo-haa started)

Sunday 8th October under "Carl asks Rob what he thinks of LGBT..."

And for those reasons, one cannot help but think you are singling me out.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2017, 10:02 AM

you are singling me out.

That's because there is only one of you.

What I think Davida was picking up on was that you are probably the most prolific poster here and new members would look to you for forum etiquette. Of course there are members that shoot anything different down with profanity, but you tend to show more tolerance and way more wit than they, and hence have more gravitas with newbies. So if anything I think Davida was paying you an indirect compliment and then after that some direct ones.
:)

Quote: Firkin @ 12th October 2017, 11:02 AM

What I think Davida was picking up on was that you are probably the most prolific poster here and new members would look to you for forum etiquette. Of course there are members that shoot anything different down with profanity, but you tend to show more tolerance and way more wit than they, and hence have more gravitas with newbies. So if anything I think Davida was paying you an indirect compliment and then after that some direct ones.

Moi, Elder Statesman? :$ Fankoo Firkin :)

(tries to feign modesty as I strut away clucking and preening like some big cock, and glances in mirror)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2017, 11:22 AM

Moi, Elder Statesman? :$ Fankoo Firkin :)

(tries to feign modesty as I strut away clucking and preening like some big cock, and glances in mirror)

No, you're just a cock:P

Quote: Firkin @ 12th October 2017, 11:02 AM

Precisely! Thank you for putting what I couldn't quite get across so well.

Quote: Davida @ 12th October 2017, 1:48 PM

Precisely! Thank you for putting what I couldn't quite get across so well.

mutter, mutter Doesn't answer though why those two people, especially CWD were not pulled up for what was far worse than moi.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2017, 4:28 PM

mutter, mutter Doesn't answer though why those two people, especially CWD were not pulled up for what was far worse than moi.

I'm working 70 hours a week right now That's the main reason. I'm really not anywhere close to caught up on forum stuff lately. Just hop on for a few minutes in the early morning if I wake up in time.

I recognize that that's inconsistent of me, but that's all I can manage at the moment. I honestly read more of your posts than anyone else's not just because you post more than a lot of people, but because I find your contributions interesting (even if I don't always have anything to contribute myseslf) I' can't say I'll try to stay on top of everyone's forum etiquette from here on both because I don't have time, and because I don't think that's really what I'm meant to do. Honestly, I think the only reason I'm still a mod is because I was helping out with BCG stuff leading up to the Fringe and needed privileges to get to the pages we were working on. But if I see anything out of line by posters other than you that catch my eye I'll say something. Does that sound fair? Whatever Aaron and Mark want me to do, really.

Oh and regarding not flagging CWD in particular, when I actually saw this thread pop up and saw that he had made a bunch of other threads and started reading his posts I couldn't really be arsed to parse what he was saying, but first my first instinct was to shoot Mark a message letting him know about the situation (so in a way I did flag it, just in an informal text because I wasn't sure what to say myself), and he addressed it well enough. I think we're good now. :S

I think people should be nice.

The irony is that this multi-page thread is probably just what Comedywriter Dude wants yet it should have been locked/deleted long ago.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2017, 10:02 AM

Well that's nice to know, BUT.............................................

In that case, why didn't you pick up on the person who told CWD to...................
"F**k off you annoying Twat"

You gotta be in the clique Herc;)