Still Open All Hours - Series 2

Only seen the second episode so far.
The hissing of the inflatable pants made me smile a bit, but otherwise - zilch!

I'm really enjoying it. Silly and fun. Some really wonderful facial expressions and reactions.

Just watched the one with the Christmas tree..........that's all I'm going to say really - I watched it.

I really did try to enjoy it.

I was going to miss it but I couldn't resist and have downloaded the first two episodes to my SKY box. It's still Open All Hours at the end of the day even if it's not quite as good as it used to be but then that should have been expected, to be fair.

Quote: Aaron @ 27th December 2015, 9:20 PM GMT

I'm really enjoying it. Silly and fun. Some really wonderful facial expressions and reactions.

Yes I loved the second episode, it actually made me laugh! The first episode was poor as was the whole of the first series and the original 2013 special but the second episode that was on Sunday was brilliant. The whole boiled ham thing really tickled me but I fear now that the rest of the series will probably be just as crap as the first series.

Quote: Woozie @ 28th December 2015, 12:52 PM GMT

I was going to miss it but I couldn't resist and have downloaded the first two episodes to my SKY box. It's still Open All Hours at the end of the day even if it's not quite as good as it used to be but then that should have been expected, to be fair.

That is very true has there ever been a show that has surpassed the original I can't think of any.

Quote: alan1967 @ 31st December 2015, 6:54 PM GMT

That is very true has there ever been a show that has surpassed the original I can't think of any.

Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads?.

Sykes.

Terry & June.

Quote: Woozie @ 28th December 2015, 12:52 PM GMT

It's like the proverbial curate's egg.

Quote: Aaron @ 31st December 2015, 7:05 PM GMT

Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads?.

Sykes.

Terry & June.

Tick VG Aaron, especially the first one - a far superior series.

This kind of summed up all that is wrong with comedy commissioning. They'd rather redo this (and it is utter tripe) than take a punt on some fresh talent. Shame.

I'm sure the ratings must be good enough for the BBC to do this show. Just because you may not like it doesn't mean others feel the same way. Obviously it could never match the original show because the main man is missing, and Ronnie Barker is virtually irreplaceable.

Agree entirely, except would drop the "virtually".

The first episode of the new series, on Boxing Day, attracted 24.9% of the total TV audience: 5.15 million viewers.

The second, on the 27th, got 4.95 million - a 24.4% share.

By any contemporary measure, it's one of the most successful current comedies on British television.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd January 2016, 3:34 PM GMT

The first episode of the new series, on Boxing Day, attracted 24.9% of the total TV audience: 5.15 million viewers.

The second, on the 27th, got 4.95 million - a 24.4% share.

By any contemporary measure, it's one of the most successful current comedies on British television.

I think it's amazing considering it's a form of comedy that is less common and generally considered outdated. Saying that, Mrs. Brown's Boys and Miranda are both homages to the 70s style sitcom and those too are big hits.

The ratings are excellent, I would've expected 2.5-3 million but it's much higher. The Sunday slot is perfect for it. I don't think it would rate highly if it was on during the week. BBC should air the new specials of other programmes (Porridge, Keeping up the appearances) in the Sunday slot as well , if they decide to make them.