- 2013 - 2018
- BBC One
- 34 (1 pilot + 5 series)
- David Jason, James Baxter, Stephanie Cole, Maggie Ollerenshaw, Brigit Forsyth, Johnny Vegas, Kulvinder Ghir, Tim Healy and others
- Roy Clarke
- Dewi Humphreys
- Alex Walsh-Taylor and Sarah Hitchcock
Sir David Jason heads the cast as Granville, who has inherited a grocery shop from his beloved but miserly Uncle Arkwright. Granville now runs the shop with his son Leroy, a cheerful, good looking lad with more female admirers than Granville ever had. Granville sees him as the shop assistant but he sees himself as the head of IT.
Granville has brought up Leroy himself, with the help of a lot of the local women, after he arrived on the doorstep as the surprise result of a one night stand in Blackpool 25 years ago.
The show follows a day in the life of the shop and its customers including (retired) Nurse Gladys Emmanuel, and 'the black widow' - aka Mrs Featherstone.
We watch Granville's antics as he comes up with new schemes to make money and continues his pursuit of old flame Mavis under the beady eye of her sister Madge.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Open All Hours - Again (Working title)
- SOAH (Acronym)
- Music arranged by Michael Storey, based on Max Harris's original Open All Hours theme.
- Laugh track
- Yes, but type varies
- First broadcast
- Thursday 26th December 2013 on BBC One at 7:45pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 23rd December 2018 on BBC One at 6:50pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Upcoming repeats