Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - Series 5 Page 13

Quote: Mark @ December 27 2008, 5:04 PM GMT

Sometimes I have to Google these shows afterwards just to check Brooker hadn't done some selective editing. Simply unbelievable isn't it!

I loved the fact he ended this review of the year by sailing as close as he could to the new credits guidelines with another visual attack at continuity announcers. It's my favourite TV war I think.

They didn't go for it though, the buggers :D

I caught an episode of this by chance last week (I'd never heard of it before) and I really enjoyed it, like a young Victor Meldrew.

When does this Newswipe start then? And what is it going to be?

And yay! A new series of Screenwipe soon :)

Quote: Leevil @ March 16 2009, 1:05 PM GMT

When does this Newswipe start then? And what is it going to be?

And yay! A new series of Screenwipe soon :)

Soon-ish, I saw an advert the other day.

In it he said it was basically like Screenwipe, but dealing exclusively with the news and how it's being broadcast.

If only there was a comedy site where you could look up broadcast times and more detail ;) (it starts next Wednesday).

He's written more about Newswipe in today's Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/19/newswipe-charlie-brooker

I love The Daily Show so much, but because I don't get a chance to watch the American News (being in Britain, obviously) so I don't get a few of the jokes when they are made about a network or a particular America-centric story. So having a British-style Daily Show (with CHARLIE BROOKER of all people!) will be brilliant. I can't wait!

Screenwipe Review of 2009 is on tonight. Looking forward to a bit of the old scathing wit after his relative foray into showbiz, being interviewed by Keith Lemon on the ITV2 Comedy Awards aftershow thing.

Looking forward to seeing the grumpy old bastard. As much as I enjoyed Games Wipe and News Wipe and Arse Wipe, this is by far the best of the Wipes.

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 10:30 AM GMT

Looking forward to seeing the grumpy old bastard. As much as I enjoyed Games Wipe and News Wipe and Arse Wipe, this is by far the best of the Wipes.

Arse Wipe? Isn't that the Channel 5 version with Justin Lee Collins, the Channel 5 comedian?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 22 2009, 10:32 AM GMT

Arse Wipe? Isn't that the Channel 5 version with Justin Lee Collins, the Channel 5 comedian?

With all that facial hair, he's make a great arse wipe. Wouldn't want to use him twice, though. Sick

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 10:33 AM GMT

With all that facial hair, he's make a great arse wipe. Wouldn't want to use him twice, though. Sick

Ooh, think of all that lovely beardy Clag!

Well that was a thoroughly entertaining 40 minutes tonight. Having never seen When Fearne Met Peaches I now feel both massively relieved and incredibly disappointed to have missed out on this.

Looking forward to more Screenwipe in 2010. :)

I almost cried when I saw that Fearne clip. I know people can be stupid, but f**k me.

A little bit too much Barry Shitpeas in that episode. He's good, usually, but he needs to used sparingly I reckon.

The Fearne and Peaches stuff was jaw dropping. I do enjoy Charlie Brooker, I hope he pops up more next year.