Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - Series 5 Page 15

Quote: sglen @ December 24 2009, 8:47 PM GMT

I'm pretty sure the bleeper is intentional. The swearing isn't against compliance rules at that time of night, there wouldn't be a problem with it. I always presumed it was just because swearing is funnier bleeped.

Well, the bleeper wasn't so much in evidence during previous shows, so I suspect that there is some kind of quota system now being applied. Also, I wonder if with the advent of iPlayer (allowing viewing of shows at any time of day) the BBC has found another reason to impose limits on sweariness?

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 24 2009, 8:50 PM GMT

Well, the bleeper wasn't so much in evidence during previous shows, so I suspect that there is quota system now being applied. Also, I think the advent of iPlayer access to shows at any time of day, the BBC has another reason to try and limit sweariness.

I think Brooker has said himself that he bleeps some f-bombs because it's funnier that way, but I would imagine he's also only allowed a certain amount...

Loved Fearne Cotton's response. :D

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 24 2009, 8:50 PM GMT

Well, the bleeper wasn't so much in evidence during previous shows, so I suspect that there is some kind of quota system now being applied. Also, I wonder if with the advent of iPlayer (allowing viewing of shows at any time of day) the BBC has found another reason to impose limits on sweariness?

You might have a point there actually. Didn't notice if there were more bleeps. Then again, it took me a few episodes to notice the swearing was bleeped anyway.

Quote: Leevil @ December 23 2009, 1:24 AM GMT

I almost cried when I saw that Fearne clip. I know people can be stupid, but f**k me.

*unzips*

I agree with some of Cheesehoven's points, but I still thought it was often bloody funny. I liked the Question Time/BNP bit, but particularly enjoyed this in response to the Gary Glitter show thing:

"That's certainly made me think. It's made me think, I don't know if I want a television anymore."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/16/charlie-brooker-leaving-screen-burn

Arse.

I liked that column. :(

Quote: zooo @ October 15 2010, 3:34 PM BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/16/charlie-brooker-leaving-screen-burn?CMP=twt_gu
Arse.

This is bloody Konnie F**k-ups fault!

Yep!
Damn her!

He should have just written "I need more time off to f**k Konnie Huq." and be done with it. Good luck to him.

Yeah good luck to him. At least his farewell included a review of some of the best insults of all time. I do hope he finds someone he's comfortable laying into in the near future.

Quote: zooo @ October 15 2010, 3:34 PM BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/16/charlie-brooker-leaving-screen-burn

Arse.

:(

Quote: chipolata @ October 15 2010, 3:45 PM BST

This is bloody Konnie F**k-ups fault!

Konnie Ono?

:(

Very sad news indeed. But hopefully he'll still have a pop at Jeremy Kyle and Nicky Campbell from time to time.

Well I've been waiting by the phone all day and it hasn't rung yet. They can't give it to Grace Dent, she's on a brainshare with Lauren Laverne.

And anyone who writes novels called 'Posh and Prejudice' and 'Diva Without a Cause' should be punched into space, clit first.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 15 2010, 5:11 PM BST

Well I've been waiting by the phone all day and it hasn't rung yet. They can't give it to Grace Dent, she's on a brainshare with Lauren Laverne.

And anyone who writes novels called 'Posh and Prejudice' and 'Diva Without a Cause' should be punched into space, clit first.

Dream on Taxi Boy. If anyone is going to get the gig it's me. ;)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 15 2010, 4:11 PM GMT

Oh, so that's what she's (Dent) supposed to be known for. I see her constantly mentioned by a certain Twitter clique, but have never seen or heard of the woman on anything else.

Terrible fringe too.