Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - Series 5

When's this mother coming back?

EDIT: (Tuesday 18 September 10pm-10.30pm)

Never mind.

:P

\o/

Aw. He looks so grumpy.

From just reading his stuff online for ages and not seeing him, I never imagined he'd be like he is. He's actually quite sweet on the show. I always pictured him as scary.

Quote: Leevil @ September 14, 2007, 11:36 PM

When's this mother coming back?

EDIT: (Tuesday 18 September 10pm-10.30pm)

Actually Leevil, tomorrow night's episode is a repeat. The new series starts a week after on Tuesday 25th.

In the meantime you can keep yourself entertained via Charlie's Guardian blog... http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/charlie_brooker/

Right Mark, still a repeat of this is better then most things on telly at the minute.

Great episode. It may be along the same lines as Harry Hill's TV Burp but it subtly changes it by being funny.

Quote: Cinnamon @ September 18, 2007, 10:36 PM

Great episode. It may be along the same lines as Harry Hill's TV Burp but it subtly changes it by being funny.

Laughing out loud

:D

Charlie's stand against the BBC's new guidelines in relation to not talking over the credits was brilliant. Loved it.

Great episode. It's faintly embarrasing that the most amusing programme on television is a programme about television.

Some good bits - as ever - but on the whole I was disappointed. Just didn't seem as cutting or raw as previously. :(

Mohinder does not look like an Indian David Tennant. At least, I don't think he does... But the cop does look like a fat Keanu.

On that note, Charlie Brooker looks like an angry Robin Ince.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 10:52 PM

Some good bits - as ever - but on the whole I was disappointed. Just didn't seem as cutting or raw as previously. :(

You're right... it was a bit more factual last night than previous series. Still some bits that made me laugh quite a lot though.

I like it when it makes serious points about television and the media. Especially when you consider most comedy is lamebrained toss with all the depth of a puddle.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 10:52 PM

I think thats because his agenda had been set out by events and not himself. He had to talk about TV going bad so it wasn't exactly a typical Screenwipe. hHould be better next week. The Hiro bit on the toilet ironically made me piss myself laughing Laughing out loud