After You've Gone - Series 2 Page 9

Quote: charlier @ October 9, 2007, 9:21 PM

Oddly, I brought a pack of the pink wafer biscuits from Morrison's the other day, and they tasted of a mixture of cardboard and sawdust. T'was the first time I'd had any since primary school, too.

Just remembered! If you want something pink and tasty (that sounds so f**king dirty I don't even know how to begin rephrasing it), then there's only one sure-fire answer!

Marks & Spencer's Percy Pigs! :D

(Obviously not as out-of-date as those though.)

Bourbons man myself.

I think I've stumbled upon The British Biscuit Guide by mistake.

Makes a change from sandwiches anyway. ;)

OH MY GOD percy pigs are flocking amazing. I totally forgot. Seriously people. The food of champions.

I wonder if they'll be on the advert? Not that I've tried them or remember them at least?

"We take the best strawberries and the finest sugar..."

I remember when this thread was about After You've Gone.

Let's get away from all this biscuit talk please, it's making me want some :P
As Episode 6 doesn't air in England till friday, i'll review episode 5:
Overall, it was a good episode especially the sub-plot involving Molly and Alex, it seems that poor revilo got most of the abuse with the water and baring flesh and pants. I did think the main plot of the flowers on the wrong grave was wafer thin but I think Nicholas and Celia did it justice. I'm starting to warm towards Amanda Abbington even though Im not too keen on the character.

Hope the Christmas Special is good or else I'm going to get everyone to sign a petition to get revilo a role in Skins!:P

Quote: Jonwo @ October 10, 2007, 6:07 PM

baring flesh

I liked that bit. :)

Interesting quote (quoting a quote) from Paul Rose's blog -

"Here's a quote courtesy of Andrew Collins - co-writer of the genuinely excellent Not Going Out - from a MediaGuardian website debate: "As an entirely unbiassed observer whose sitcom was commissioned by Peter Fincham and the next series of which now rests in the hands of whoever takes over from him at BBC1, can I just say that I would have preferred him to stay."

Sorry. I'm well aware that it's probably of no interest to anyone but me. And possibly the writers, cast, and production team of After You're Gone.

Maybe one of us should start up some sort of support group to get us through the unendurable months until Fincham's eventual replacement decides whether he or she hates us or not."

From a writer's point of view, I wonder if current projects will be shelved and some new ones sought.

I really don't like Amanda Abbington as Jimmy's girlfriend. I just don't like her character and don't care for her much as an actress either. It's a shame that she's working at the pub. It seems to me that regular characters always end up working behind the bar. It happened to Reg in Goodnight Sweetheart.

Quote: revilo85 @ October 10, 2007, 12:11 PM

OH MY GOD percy pigs are flocking amazing. I totally forgot. Seriously people. The food of champions.

Now here's a man who knows what he's talking about! :D

I think I'll go stock up on PPs on my way home from work tomorrow. :D

Quote: Leevil @ October 10, 2007, 12:37 PM

I wonder if they'll be on the advert? Not that I've tried them or remember them at least?

"We take the best strawberries and the finest sugar..."

But please not the finest piggies...
I love these too!!

Those adverts are filth! Pure filth!

Sixth episode in on tonight which I hope will be a good one after last week's above average episode. I'll post my review later tonight as I'm going out to the theatre to see Hairspray so it's being recorded.