After You've Gone - Series 2

Yep, Nick Lyndhurst is returning on Friday 7th September - over five months after Series 1. In the first of 8 episodes, entitled Web Of Deceit, Diana, Molly and Alex return from a trip to Africa to find a surprise in store. And Diana and Jimmy have an anonymous slanging match in the comments section of Molly's internet blog.

Doesn't sound up too much, it has to be said, but probably worth a look anyway. Not Going Out follows it half an hour later.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps they could run it back to back with Outnumbered. The plot sounds equally riveting...

I really enjoyed this (as I've said elsewhere), and managed to grab a couple of tickets for a recording in a few weeks, so I'm happy. :)

Interesting line-up though.

20:30 After You've Gone.
21:00 A Bucket O' French and Saunders.
21:30 Not Going Out.

Sounds like a shit sandwich. Much in the same way that we had Mock the Week -> Hyperdrive -> Still Game. Good, bad, good.

But nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it.

It's going to be good to have a full comedy line up on Friday night again. Fridays during September and October look like this...

20:30 BBC1: After You've Gone
21:00 BBC1: French and Saunders
21:30 BBC1: Not Going Out
22:00 Ch04: The IT Crowd
22:35 BBC1: Jonathan Ross
23:05 Ch04: Fonejacker

EDIT: Ah, Aaron beat me to it!

Post edited at request. - Aaron

Post edited at request. - Aaron

And Aaron, I didn't know they were still recording it even when it's on air.

Well Dave, it's been done before (Little Britain springs to mind as one still in the studio well into broadcast). And it's an eight-episode series too, with at least one Christmas special.

Think I might stick some of series one on tonight, actually. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 29, 2007, 8:43 PM

Well Dave, it's been done before (Little Britain springs to mind as one still in the studio well into broadcast). And it's an eight-episode series too, with at least one Christmas special.

Not Going Out is also being recording very close to transmission this season. I always wonder why they do so... I mean if one of the main stars were ill then they'd have nothing to show! You couldn't have After You've Gone with one of the main four cast members missing. Very risky. Plus it puts pressure on the edit.

Still, Drop the Dead Donkey filmed things just days before the show went out for a good six series with no hiccups so it can be done (but a lot of respect to them). It's the Americans now pushing the boat though, what with the live episodes of Will and Grace etc. So I guess in summary I've just talked myself into realising it's no big deal actually.

HIGNFY, Mock The Week, FNWJR, etc etc. They're not exactly sitcoms though.

In fact, thinking about it, the whole concept of pre-recording is actually relatively new I guess. Probably to do with the increasing use of locations etc... Anyway, if you can hunt down dates of studio and transmission for many of the old shows (Hancock and Steptoe spring to mind), there was often maybe a week or so between the two at most, sometimes just days.

Quote: Mark @ August 29, 2007, 8:54 PM

It's the American's now pushing the boat though what with the live episodes of Will and Grace etc.

Wow. I'd want to see this. The last live TV shows i've seen were the Bill and the new Quatermass (even though it was the old one rehashed) and they were both riveting.

Quote: ajp29 @ August 29, 2007, 9:31 PM

Wow. I'd want to see this. The last live TV shows i've seen were the Bill and the new Quatermass (even though it was the old one rehashed) and they were both riveting.

There's this wonderful thing, it's on numerous times a day, sometimes for hours on end! I think, yes, I think that they call it 'the news'. :P

You can still get tickets to go to not going out. Still I'll watch this will be okay I kinda like the last series. Jonathan Ross is back someone said now thats bloody good enough of that friday night project stuff.

Corrie did a live one once.

Did Will & Grace have to be performed twice for the time differences in the two US time . . . areas . . . thing. East and Central, is it?

Yeah, I remember E.R doing that. I love E.R.