After You've Gone - Series 2 Page 5

Hi dowism1974, welcome to the BSG Wave

I know what you mean about hearing a routine over and over again revilo. If I hear one more comedian on the circuit do another 'the difference between men and women' joke I think i'll cry. I don't include myself in this because i'm a hypocrite.

I better comment on After You're Gone while i'm here. I thought it was good for a main stream sitcom, the internet chat bit was the highlight although how big did they make that slang dictionary? Are mainstream viewers blind Laughing out loud

"how big did they make that slang dictionary?"

yeah and it was in high def - how were you going to miss it??!

Well, I watched this week's episode and (surprisingly) rather enjoyed it. Didn't watch as closely as I normally would, but it's on again on Friday so no worries. :)

Interesting episode in that we got to see a slightly different side of Alex's character, which was nice. I hope Ryan doesn't mind me saying that, certainly in the first series, he seemed to be the new Nick Harper in terms of characterisation, but he breaks away from that here and we see a slightly softer (is that the right word?) side, where he's taking things a bit more seriously - if not a bit too literally!

Diagnosis Murder, anyone? :)

wow, you're quick. it's not even been on telly yet. I haven't even seen it! how did you manage that?!

those lucky scots get to see it first!

Quote: revilo85 @ September 13, 2007, 8:44 AM

wow, you're quick. it's not even been on telly yet. I haven't even seen it! how did you manage that?!

As dowism hinted at, BBC One Scotland show it on Tuesday evenings, rather than Fridays. 8:30pm, channel 971 on Sky. They have rather odd schedules up there and move things around quite significantly at times!

(Actually, that's something Mark and I need to look into for the relaunch - multiregion listings.)

hey revilo - great show again the other night! it's all gone a bit quiet on this thread...

Can I offer up a dare for you revilo? Can you put some prop in the background that we can recognize? Or is that to much of a no, no?

Yes, I am bored.

:P

He wouldn't get a chance! Anyway, all 8 episodes for series 2 have now been recorded, I believe.

Just the Christmas special left, this coming Saturday.

Lol, I don't know why I suggested that, oh wait, I was bored.

Quote: Aaron @ September 17, 2007, 9:53 PM

Just the Christmas special left, this coming Saturday.

Don't ruin the magic for me Aaron :(

Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!

I'd Sue Sooty the Scamp and Sweep him under the carpet

Great episode this week. Very funny indeed. The laughter sounded really, really bad and canned, but for the most part I tend to tune that out so it didn't bother me too much.

Either way, a good two-pronged storyline, which although arguably a little weak individually, both provided lots of great lines and scenes. And as ever, Alex was by far the highlight and had the best lines of the show. (For Ryan's benefit, perhaps a little understated at times I felt, but on the whole very good.)

Definitely the best episode so far of this series, maybe series one also.

I always quite fancied getting a nice smart tux... :D

I’m also coming round a bit; I watch this and for the first time didn’t find myself wondering what the hell Rodney Trotter was playing at and it also felt less American, Ryan seems to be developed his own role instead of the Nick Harper Mk II of the first series.

Still not really my thing but I did laugh (more than once) and I will go back for more.