After You've Gone - Series 2 Page 7

Quote: revilo85 @ September 23, 2007, 1:20 PM

Especially since this morning the drain got blocked and I have a bathtub full of weird grey water. Huzzah.

Don't mock us with your showbiz tales of the glamourous life you lead Revilo, it makes me die inside Teary

Quote: Leevil @ September 23, 2007, 1:48 PM

What kind of show would you want yourself? Classic sitcom or the other kind?

Interesting question. Are we thinking Alex Venables or Ryan Sampson (ie new character(s)) here? (Actually, I'm assuming we're talking sitcom...)
I'd have thought that a mixture of both could work quite well, particularly if it's an Alex Venables spinoff. From Ryan's POV that'd be best, as it'd increase the audience share and broaden appeal, thus increasing popularity, series longetivity, DVD and overseas sales, leading inevitably to him being able to demand stupid money for each episode! :D

Quote: ajp29 @ September 23, 2007, 2:22 PM

Don't mock us with your showbiz tales of the glamourous life you lead Revilo, it makes me die inside Teary

Laughing out loud

Hmmm, this week's episode was a bit of an odd one. Not quite as laugh-heavy as some previously, and really canned-sounding audience laughter. F**king dodgy editing towards the end too, which ruined what would have otherwise been one of the best lines of the show. I'd guess that it was a pickup, but it was done really badly and makes Ryan look really really awful.

I did glance away from the screen just beforehand though. Maybe it won't come across quite so badly on Friday. Will be interested to see what others think though.

I've been lurking through this thread but have been too shy to post until recently. After You've Gone is a bit of a guilty pleasure having found the first series a bit lukewarm, It's not the best sitcom ever but it does have its moments.

Out of all the episodes of series 2, I think episode 3 is the funniest especially at the end with the school photo and Alex in the tux as the dummy. I agree with everything that Ryan Sampson (revilo85) is one of the best thing in it.

I wonder if Ryan would answer a few questions. Firstly, what is like working with actors like Nicholas Lyndhurst, Celia Imrie and Dani Harmer considering they are known for more famous roles and Secondly, has anyone stopped you in the street yet for your autograph?

Any other show that you fancy doing? Maybe you should audition for the next series of Skins as a rival to Nick Holt's character Tony.:D

Quote: Jonwo @ October 3, 2007, 4:26 PM

Out of all the episodes of series 2, I think episode 3 is the funniest especially at the end with the school photo and Alex in the tux as the dummy. I agree with everything that Ryan Sampson (revilo85) is one of the best thing in it.

Agreed on every point. That was absolutely hilarious, and Alex is by far the shining star of the show.

hey kids. thanks for that nice comment, much appreciated. AYG has finished filming alas, after millenia it seems. We ended with the christmas special which I must say was pretty damn good, I'll be interested to see what you think. it was really quite a special one. plus it's 45 minutes long so you'd hope it would be good.

alas, we'll have to wait and see if we get recomissioned. until then, i'm doing doctor who! woo!!

Post edited at request. - Aaron

Congrats on getting a role in Doctor Who, you lucky thing. Do you know which episode you are doing yet or it is all hush hush at the mo?

Wow, yes, Doctor Who! Nice! Good luck with that one (he says, as if you need it). :)

Are you.... meeting David Tennant?....
:O

Can you touch him for me?
Inappropriately if at all possible.
Thanks.

(Well done by the way. That's amazing.)

Doctor Who? Never heard of it Laughing out loud Well done Revilo

Quote: revilo85 @ October 5, 2007, 1:57 PM

We ended with the christmas special which I must say was pretty damn good, I'll be interested to see what you think. it was really quite a special one. plus it's 45 minutes long so you'd hope it would be good.

The Christmas Special is the best of the series in my opinion... especially if you like dogs :D

Dogs freak me out! :(

Then you'll hate it, every last bit of it.

I feel a bit bad for mentioning my next job now, that's a bit lame really isn't it? I was giddy with excitement is my excuse.

Well, as long as they're not attacking or jumping up at me (which'll be hard, seeing as it's TV), I'll be alright I think! As long as it's funny - which sounds like it should be - I'll be happy. :)

Wouldn't worry about mentioning DW though. I'm sure we'd all be excited to get such a big job - particularly zooo. Who would very much like to do unspeakable things to the Tennant. :D

Quote: revilo85 @ October 8, 2007, 11:51 AM

Then you'll hate it, every last bit of it.

I feel a bit bad for mentioning my next job now, that's a bit lame really isn't it? I was giddy with excitement is my excuse.

Well as long as you don't go on to make 'Diary of a Man Whore' then I think noone will mind (except Zooo probably):)