After You've Gone - Series 2 Page 12

I've been looking through this thread and I've got the feeling that the negativity towards this worm of a programme has begun to turn. Has it?

Quote: Baumski @ October 22, 2007, 11:12 AM

I've been looking through this thread and I've got the feeling that the negativity towards this worm of a programme has begun to turn. Has it?

I think what tends to happen is that people will watch Series 1 even if they don't like it, either in a genuine attempt to get into it or so they have some ammunition to whinge about it. When the second series comes around, those people won't bother watching it.

I also think the show is a little better established now. As I said before, they've grown into the roles a little bit and they've started to use the lesser characters a bit more. In the case of "Kev", I think it's a bit much. There's a fine line between dim and stupid and I think that was crossed this week. See Trigger in the first 16 years of Only Fools and compare it to the last 3 episodes. They managed to lose a bit of the charm.

I thought it was a solid episode this week. Mildly amusing, quite interesting, but not blindingly funny. I think the key is more Alex and Siobhan, less Molly and Kev.

I like not After You've Gone it is funny and and has brillant plots.

I think while AYG is not the most cutting edge show on the box, it is quite enjoyable and has some great moments. It has improved upon Series 1 and the cast has really grown into their roles.

Quote: charlier @ October 22, 2007, 12:20 AM

This post is just for zooo. No guesses who I met today Whistling nnocently Whistling nnocently

:O:O:O

*!@?$##~?

My head's exploded.

What when where why and erm... how many times?

;)

Quote: Jonwo @ October 22, 2007, 12:14 PM

I think while AYG is not the most cutting edge show on the box, it is quite enjoyable and has some great moments. It has improved upon Series 1 and the cast has really grown into their roles.

Yeah, I agree. It's a nice, light traditional comedy fare. It's not exactly redefining the sitcom genre but, hey, I think it's hilarious.

Quote: zooo @ October 22, 2007, 1:41 PM

What when where why and erm... how many times?

Where: Quite probably at the BBC Radio Theatre. (Broadcasting House, Portland Place, I believe.)

Quote: charlier @ October 22, 2007, 12:20 AM

This post is just for zooo. No guesses who I met today Whistling nnocently Whistling nnocently

I don't believe it! Why has noone asked the obvious question? Why the heck is David Tennant interviewing Richard Wilson

Chain Reaction is a show where a celebrity gets to interview another celebrity of their choosing. Unless I'm remembering entirely incorrectly.

Quote: ajp29 @ October 23, 2007, 1:35 PM

Why the heck is David Tennant interviewing Richard Wilson

It's a Radio 4 thing due to air in February some time, the previous guest becomes the interviewer for the next guest. David was Interviewed by Catherine Tate, he then interviews Richard Wilson, who in turn will then interview.... You get the idea.

Going by the ultra reliable source that is the free London papers, after recording they went to the Ivy for dinner.

Anyway, the synopsis on After You've Gone - So this is Christmas...
Jimmy and Diana want to give Molly and Alex the perfect traditional family Christmas - but this isn't a perfect traditional family.

LALALALALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Last episode of the current series airs tonight in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. If anyone who saw on Tuesday in Scotland can give a quick review, I'll be more than happy.

Quote: revilo85 @ October 8, 2007, 11:51 AM

I feel a bit bad for mentioning my next job now, that's a bit lame really isn't it? I was giddy with excitement is my excuse.

Not at all, my next job is designing a website for a tree importing company. Yeah! Doctor Who. Doctor Who? More like. Oh... that doesn't really work...

I'm currently building a dating website for the, uhh, 'mature' singles. Just think of the money.

Is that mature cheese singles?