Newsjack - Series 9 Page 6

Quote: StephenM @ September 16 2013, 7:36 PM BST

Well that idea made me chuckle. Here's hoping the NJ team are gamers.

Glad you liked it! It bloody better get in as I'll never get back all those hours I spent trying to understand what GTA's all about (I stopped short of actually playing it)...

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 16 2013, 8:28 PM BST

Of the three sketches I sent off one of those was a space-related diary too, but mine was the diary of Voyager 1. I also sketches about the Party Conference season and Tokyo 2020.

Yes, I was cursing that Voyager story coming up! (Good luck, though.)

Quote: LippyAlison @ September 17 2013, 6:38 PM BST

Hello Franklin, I think I'm as qualified as anyone else to answer that:-

Thanks for your reply Alison! I actually have a friend who is due to attend the recording tomorrow so I might drill what I sent in down his throat in the hope he picks up on anything!

Quote: LippyAlison @ September 17 2013, 6:38 PM BST

Hello Franklin, I think I'm as qualified as anyone else to answer that:-

I can think of six ways;

Thank you Alison, that's really helpful. I have one question and wondered if you know - I've been submitting and including jackapps as part of my 'three allowed' sketches, then sending a separate page of one liners. But should I be sending 'jackapps' with the one liners instead? Am I wasting a sketch? Thank you.

Quote: Bonzo @ September 17 2013, 7:48 PM BST

Thank you Alison, that's really helpful. I have one question and wondered if you know - I've been submitting and including jackapps as part of my 'three allowed' sketches, then sending a separate page of one liners. But should I be sending 'jackapps' with the one liners instead? Am I wasting a sketch? Thank you.

Oh for sure, jackapps are considered one-liners and should be sent on the Tuesday before the 4pm deadline. And in doing it that way;
1. You don't eat into your three sketch limit (as you recognised)
2. You can cover later, more up to date stories in the jackapps to make them ultra-topical.

The one-liner submission would normally cover any of
Intros, jackapps, corrections and And Finallies... (even though none of them might be one line!)

Alison

Quote: Bonzo @ September 17 2013, 7:48 PM BST

Submit JackApps with your one-liners, don't send them as sketches.

Thank you very much - I'll know for next week!

This week I sent 2 sketches and 1 jackapp:

1. Triathlon Holiday
2. Booking The Work Christmas Do
3. (JackApp) Going To Mars

And 4 'one liners'.

Quote: LippyAlison @ September 17 2013, 6:38 PM

3. Wait for an email on Thursday afternoon that the BBC will send you if you were recorded. You'll get a recorded but cut email, or a congrats you're in email. They come around late afternoon.

IIRC they're usually around 16:30 give or take 30min, but I think they have been as late as 17:30.

If you're counting on finding out by email, the usual procedure for me is:
A - refresh mail
B - swap to and refresh this forum whilst mail refreshes
C - look immediately at NJ thread for news of others receiving emails
D - look at emails I've received
E - since other forumites have only just starting receiving NJ emails and my only email is the usual ad for penis enlargement (from Mrs JD), go to step A

So, anyone from here attending the recording?

Quote: Sam Co @ September 18 2013, 6:29 AM BST

I applied for tickets but heard nothing... :(

You could just listen to the show

Quote: Sam Co @ September 18 2013, 6:29 AM BST

I'm going tonight. I also have a ticket for next week but can't go, if anyone wants it.

I have two tickets for tonight but will not be able to go - so anyone want them? First come first served.

PM me

Been a while since I submitted anything, but had a go with a couple of one liners to blow off the cobwebs.

Hello Bench haven't seen you in a while how are you doing?

Dammit.

Just came up with an idea, that knowing my luck won't be topical any more by the weekend.

Do they do comedy songs?