Newsjack - Series 9 Page 7

No but News Revue and Treason Show do.

Quote: sootyj @ September 18 2013, 10:05 AM BST

Hello Bench haven't seen you in a while how are you doing?

I have been suffering from an underlying health issue, but back to good now.
:)

Good to see you on the boards PB :)

Quote: Bonzo @ September 18 2013, 8:21 AM BST

I applied for tickets but heard nothing... :(

When you say nothing did you mean 'got the confirmation e-mail I applied but then nothing' or 'nothing at all'. If it's the latter I'd check your spam folder as you should at least have the confirmation e-mail.

That and the first few episodes of the series don't normally sell out so if you send the application in early you normally get tickets.

Oh and I'll be there tonight if anyone is around pop over and say hi. (I'm told I look like my avatar)

Quote: StephenM @ September 18 2013, 1:09 PM BST

Oh and I'll be there tonight if anyone is around pop over and say hi. (I'm told I look like an avatar)

What 12 foot tall blue and boring?

Just got my tickets through for next weeks show.

Still have two tickets for tonight, if anyone wants them pm me.

Quote: StephenM @ September 18 2013, 1:09 PM BST

When you say nothing did you mean 'got the confirmation e-mail I applied but then nothing' or 'nothing at all'. If it's the latter I'd check your spam folder as you should at least have the confirmation e-mail.

That and the first few episodes of the series don't normally sell out so if you send the application in early you normally get tickets.

Oh and I'll be there tonight if anyone is around pop over and say hi. (I'm told I look like my avatar)

Thanks - I got the confirmation email. I didn't apply for tickets for the first few weeks, so maybe they're still sending tickets out. But I'll be listening by my radio on Thursday night. Hope you have a good time at the recording tonight (please let us know what gets a big laugh if you can remember afterwards) :)

Right, here's a v quick rundown of what I remember from the recording:

SKETCHES
Miliband turns office into Top Gear
Wills at home looking after George (peed up wall to hit spider - excellent!)
Mickey and Minnie in marriage guidance (poss my favourite)
Paddington Prejudice (oh, that one too - genius)
Driver acting like he's in GTA
MP employing family members
Postman Pat pissed, Jess has eaten Mrs Goggins
Newsnight Club (wait 'til you hear Lewis's Kirsty Wark)
Government text messages
Putin's diplomacy audio tape
Snakes and Ladders (that was me! Though you'd hardly recognise it, but all for the better!)

Jackapps (only they're called something else now; forget what)
Sorry, my brain's seized up and I can only remember two at the moment. Any suggestions may jog my memory):

Fathers 4 Justice happy that men who don't do childcare have bigger balls
Something to do with Nick Clegg/Clarkson/Stig

Viv

Ooh, ooh - just remembered two more sketches:

Greens rebranding themselves to be more like UKIP
Choosing a new font for the 'illegal immigrants go home' vans.

I wrote a fathers for justice joke about big balls, but maybe someone else came up with it too....here's hoping....

Quote: Pete Turton @ September 19 2013, 7:21 AM BST

I wrote a fathers for justice joke about big balls, but maybe someone else came up with it too....here's hoping....

Fingers crossed, Pete. It ended something along the lines of 'As a member of Fathers for Justice, I'm delighted by this'

Nope, not me then :(

They might have rewritten the ending Pete. Keep the faith!

Great list Viv, by the way.

I have a slim hope that one of them is mine.

Thanks Viv, for saving me an afternoon of refreshing my inbox. Might actually get some work done for a change. Well done for getting something on!

Quote: DubiousG @ September 19 2013, 8:48 AM BST

Thanks Viv, for saving me an afternoon of refreshing my inbox. Might actually get some work done for a change. Well done for getting something on!

Thanks! Of course it may not make the final cut, so I'm really, really glad I made it to the recording. It was significantly different from, and far better than, my original, too.

I've just remembered another jackapp (or was it a short sketch? I'd be a rubbish witness): it was a phone call from a pub landlord to Nick Clegg confirming the booking of his back room for next year's conference.